Responsible To: Manager - Domiciliary Care
Short Description: This role is responsible for the co-ordination of the day-to-day management of care schedules and care plans and to ensure care is delivered as per the service plan.
Working Pattern: Monday to Saturday, 09:00 - 17:30, with on call availability when required
Summary of Benefits:
- Annual Leave 28 days, including Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Mileage paid for business use
- Car business insurance paid
- Receive requests to provide domiciliary care service.
- Liaise with social services, home care team or service user's families on how to deliver effective services to meet the service user's needs
- Ensure that home visits are conducted to complete service user needs assessments.
- Ensure that the development of care plans are undertaken timely by field supervisors; and ensure all service users' files are accurate and up-to-date.
- Co-ordinate, plan and manage complex staff rotas, ensuring adequate staff cover.
- Provision of on-call service outside normal working hours and maintain a detailed log of all on-call activity.
- Attend care calls when required whether as part of a package or in an emergency
- Monitor and implement service standards for the company.
- Ensure detailed records and documentation are maintained of all activities as required by company standards.
- Identify and implement service improvements by reviewing policies and procedures.
- Monitor the quality of services provided and contribute to a range of comprehensive Quality Assurance and performance measures.
- Ensure Service User reviews are conducted and documented.
- Maintain complaints and compliments file.
- Maintain the rostering, holiday schedule, billing etc for the payroll and accounting systems, ensuring they are up-to-date from an administrative, operational and billing point of view.
- Implement as much automation as possible to ensure the smooth running of the operations, including carers' availability to undertake shifts.
- Ensure adequate staffing for the services and that processes are in place to to meet the needs of the operations
- To co-ordinate the carer team by providing line management support and supervision.
- Provide support through timely provision of details of care and directions for travel to service users' home, payslips and other information as required
- Ensure all supervision targets, e.g. spot checks, one-to-one meetings, etc are met.
- Ensure that staff act in accordance within statutory requirements, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Identify team development and training needs.
- Develop own skills and knowledge by attending supervision, training and meetings as required.
In addition to specific responsibilities, the role will also be responsible for ensuring:
- the maintenance of confidentiality of all information unless otherwise permitted by management
- full compliance with company's vision, values, policies and procedures
- work in a manner that promotes team work and a collegial environment
- active and positive promotion of the company's image and brand
- other duties that may be assigned by management
The following qualification, skills and experience are required for this role:
- NVQ Level 2+
- A good working knowledge of care standards in domiciliary care
- A good working knowledge of health and safety issues
- Strong English spoken, listening, writing and communication skills
- Excellent administrative skills, attention to detail and well organised
- Customer focused
- Must have a driver's license and own car
- Supervision and management of staff
- Delivery of care service