Responsible for monitoring the progress of projects, looking into variances, approving outgoings inclusive of expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to clients and payments collected within the agreed timeframes. Working closely with the Project, Commercial and Finance Managers improving and managing the overall processes, and financial performance of all projects adding value through project control and administration.PERSON SPECIFICATION
The right candidate will meet the job description and will:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Understand large complex projects and the relevant contractual provisions
- Have very strong technical skills in accounting
- Be highly analytical with strong systems experience and advanced Excel
- Have excellent verbal & written Communication skills with the necessary confidence to manage senior stakeholder relationships.
- Have strong work ethics, Fast learner, Team player, Able to cope in a fast-paced environment, Reliable, Good time management & prioritization skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project accounting experience.
- CCAB Qualified / Finalist
- Prince 2 Qualified / Studier
- Process mapping and implementation experience
ORGANIZATIONAL SPECIFIC COMPETENCIESDependability:
- Responsible for the maintaining of project reports, detailing all current project milestones against forecast.
- Maintaining of all relevant income and expenditure for each project.
- Maintenance of all project costing and budgets against contract terms.
- Responsible for the production of external invoicing and liaising with relevant departments
- Managing the revenue recognition and reconciliation and coordination with relevant departments
- Manage the end to end project life cycle for finance not limited to; contract review; project/contract setups; transaction processing; project maintenance; invoicing control; change order management and Project Reporting
- Manage Cost transfers & re-allocations between project tasks.
- Manage monthly WIP/ Unbilled Receivable and Deferred Revenue Reconciliations
- Track Billing milestones
- Process & Review intercompany charges & invoicing
- Analysing all project expenses and providing commentary as required
- Looking after project records and contracts to ensure terms are adhered to
- Liaising with auditors
- Presenting project reports to senior management level.
- Ensuring robust financial reporting across the business for projects
- Creating bespoke reports as required.
- Business Partnering with non-finance managers in order to develop processes and the understanding of financial requirements
- Attendance at weekly project meetings
- Other duties as required
Punctual; Good attendance record; Work with minimal supervision and direction; Can be counted on to handle special duties; Follow-up on issues without prompting; Meet deadlines.Initiative and Leadership:
Self-starter; Help others when needed; Flexible; Show desire to master job, take pride in work and seek continuous improvement; Actively tackle problems; Seek new opportunities; Strive to see projects to completion.Teamwork:
Perform a variety of tasks independently while contributing to the team environment; Build positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interest.Interpersonal Skills:
Support and encourage others; Give and receive constructive criticism; Negotiate; Listen to and value other's opinions; Convey ideas to a group; Maintain confidentiality.Organisational Support:
Follow policies, procedures, instructions and pre-determined guidelines; Support organization's goals and values.JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIESAnalytical:
Use intuition and experience to complement data; Collect and research data; Conduct appropriate test reviews and analyze and present findings and solutions; Designs work flows and procedures.Change Management:
Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve effectiveness; Initiates, sponsors, and implements organizational change; Prepare and support those affected by change.Judgement and Decision-Making:
Exercise sound judgment and focus on job goals; Establish priorities; React to unexpected situations; Take an analytical approach when considering options, seek input from others and reach decisions; Make difficult decisions when necessary.Planning and Organizing:
Prioritize and plan work activities; React well under pressure; Ensure information is organized and accessible; Delegate where needed.Technical Skills:
Pursue training and development opportunities; Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; Perform accurate arithmetic calculations and data entry; Ability to successfully complete all Edgen Murray required training