About the Role:
To support our continued growth, we are on the lookout for a talented individual to join our team as a Project Manager. If you are a highly motivated individual and are looking for a new challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will have recent experience in project management or had exposure to the project management role through some other position in a software development environment. A strong leader, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be organised and able to manage changing priorities.
Working with agile, waterfall and hybrid project methodologies, across a portfolio of projects, your time will be spent working directly with clients and empowered solution development teams, utilising your facilitative style to manage the working environment in which the solution is evolving, from inception to deployment.Main Responsibilities:
- Providing project management input to sales and business development activities as required
- Ensuring estimates for new projects and change requests are realistic and achievable
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within the agreed budget, and to the agreed quality.
- Ensuring effective and timely communication to stakeholders and the solution development team
- Performing high-level and detailed project planning and scheduling
- Collaborating with solution development teams and stakeholders to create and agree delivery plans
- Monitoring progress against plans
- Managing risks and issues as they arise, and agreeing mitigating actions
- Motivating solution development teams to meet their objectives
- Monitoring and ensuring effective, appropriate communication between members of the solution development team
- Handling issues escalated from, and providing help and guidance to, the solution development team
- Organising and attending daily stand-ups and/or periodic progress meetings as appropriate
- Ensuring project governance documentation is appropriate and current
- Some previous exposure to project management, preferably within an IT environment, or has experience of leading teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Effectively manages client expectations
- Strong time management, organisation, and planning skills
- Able to prioritise and juggle tasks with relative ease
- An understanding of web-based, database systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- A highly motivated, self-managed individual who is a team player
- A passion for providing a first-class service directly to the customer
- Understands the budgetary process and demonstrates sound financial judgement
PDMS is the largest software engineering company on the Isle of Man with an office in Glasgow. From a start up with 2 employees in 1993, we have grown into a thriving business that now employs over 70 people across the Isle of Man and the UK.
We work with a variety of customers in a wide range of domains. We work in partnership with our customers, and our teams work collaboratively to develop innovative solutions that boost productivity and help our customers succeed.
Our culture is a key feature of our success. We provide a supportive environment for all; act as one team; work towards a shared vision and goals; and we invest in the development of our people to help them make the most of their potential.
Providing flexibility and a healthy work-life balance is important to us.
PDMS is an equal opportunities employer.
For more information about PDMS please visit our website www.pdms.com.
For further details or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.