A truly accessible expanding global hotel brand. At YOTEL, we create time, a seamless, intuitive experience. Through efficiency and technology, we ensure that our guests have everything they need and nothing they don't. We are all about innovation, flexible and smart design. Our clever use of space means we can offer central, convenient locations at an outstanding affordable price. We will never stop innovating. Since we were founded over 15 years ago it's been our mission to disrupt the travel industry.
YOTEL takes the essential elements of luxury hotels into smaller, smart spaces and deliver a sense of community with areas for co-working, social gatherings and exercise. YOTEL currently operate 15 hotels globally and are on target to have 50 hotels by 2023. Position Overview:
Reporting to the Vice President of IT & Innovation the DIT (Hotel) Proejct Applications Specialist.
This role is for an experienced and confident team player who is able to lead a project delivering a new redesigned IT platform YOTEL is implementing, maximizing / interface the use of our current solutions, and can help enhance the IT systems and infrastructure of our UK/European and Global hotel business and assist YOTEL HQ in delivery of our wider projects and strategic aspirations.
This is an overall scope of the role but is not an exhaustive list of tasks. YOTEL reserves the right to add/amend tasks as the role evolves and as the flexibility of our business requires.Responsibilities:Project Management-
- Ongoing management / coordiantion of multiple projects / systems and handling IT deliverables.
- Coordinting deliverables with internal and external stakeholders
- Working with Hotel General Managers and senior staff implementing systems to required timelines.
- Creating and delivering to plan
- Keeping stakeholders updated
- Coordinate delivering with diffent sites and corporate functions Business Analysis-
- Collecting requests to inform system changes and definition of new products
- Can do attitude to solve problems Financial & Commercial Control-
- Keeping track of project spend and budgets Supplier Management-
- Keep track of project issues and raise with suppliers
- Owning and managing relationships with suppliers People Management-
- Leading the project delivery and coordinating with regional hotel teams / Operations / commercial functions
- Tracking deliverables, progressing projects to successful sign off and acceptance Ideal key skills/experience
· Experience of delivering hotel IT projects including PMS, Interfaces, Revenue systems, HR, Finance, corporate websites, payment gateways.
· Hospitality experience is a must e.g. experience of hotel back office systems including Property Management Systems (PMS), Interfaces, Revenue systems, F&B POS.
· Awareness of back-of-house IT systems including telephony, TV systems Wi-Fi, AV, CCTV, display screens
· Good understanding of hotel systems and infrastructure
· Good understanding of PCI / GDPR and data security, adopting this knowledge during project implementation.
- Experience of using structured project management methodologies and running projects
· Senior level stakeholder management and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to chair, facilitate and lead meetings, workshops and structured to achieve project requirements
- You must have good written and spoken English and ability to explain complex and/or technical issues clearly and accurately in simple terms to non-IT stakeholders
· Proven delivery of software solutions to time, budget, and qualityBehaviours
- Results and delivery orientated
- Good communicator
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Analytical and data savvy
- Good team player and willingness to provide input across the department when necessary
- Passion for IT, digital and travel/hospitality/retail
- Willingness to be flexible and ability to manage ambiguity when objectives are still being resolved
- Sensitivity and patience when managing internal and external partners Background Experience
- Travel / hospitalityBase
- London HQ / remote with travel when required to UK/EU and global hotels. What are YOTEL people like?
· Pro-active with a 'can do' positive attitude
· Likes to be busy, always looking for the next task or goal to achieve
· Great attention to detail in everything that they do
· Social and confident with each other and our guests
· Friendly, warm and welcoming always
· Professional in their outlook, taking pride in their appearance, performance and reputation
· Takes responsibility for their actions and those of the wider team
· Like to own problems and find solutions for the benefit of the guests and team alike
Only shorlisted applicants will be contacted. Have you got what it takes? If so, we'd love to hear from you. HONEST - INSPIRING - INTUTITIVE - SMART - EFFICIENT