Harley Street Specialist Hospital (HSSH), , is an acute private hospital that provides day surgery and pharmacy services. Classed as an acute hospital, it delivers varied disciplines.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of l Governance, Quality & Risk to join our senior management team at HSSH which is based in the Harley Street area.
This exciting post will report into the Chief Operating Officer and will lead in the development of a proactive and robust clinical governance and quality framework that enables HSSH to measure and continuously improve the quality of the services provided to patients,
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the management of the Clinical Governance, Quality and Risk within HSSH
· Will work with department managers to ensure that there are robust systems in place to continually improve the quality of care HSSH provides to help keep all patients and staff safe from harm.
· Work with the Executive team and clinical leads to embed the principles of robust clinical governance and the quality agenda throughout the hospital
· Operational lead for the Clinic's quality improvement plan, CQC compliance and patient safety.
· Provide Quality Assurance support and services for activities to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies
· Lead on the development and implementation of the Clinic's Governance and Quality strategy and regularly undertake clinical audit ensuring consistent methodology and approaches.
· Act as the expert advisor on clinical governance, quality, and risk management, ensuring compliance with legislative requirements, national and local policies.
· Responsible for the management of the Governance team
· Provide leadership and oversight of the Clinic's Patient Experience function and strategy.
Skills & Experience:
· Educated to degree level
· To have had experience working in a senior Governance role within a clinical setting within depth knowledge of compliance, governance, and risk management.
· Previous success in delivering a comprehensive governance strategy and robust governance structures within a healthcare environment.
· Knowledge of the governance agenda, the role of CQC and CQC requirements
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the ability to shape and implement a vision for high class clinical governance.
· Proven report, SOP and Policy writing skills; highly developed analytical skills with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
•25 Days Holiday per annum, plus UK Public Holidays
•Day Off for Your Birthday
•A Contributory Pension Scheme
•Private Healthcare Scheme
HSSH is committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.