Looking to secure a new Design Manager for a customer of ours based in London, working for a well-established design and manufacturer of consumer product. The premise of the role is to lead a small design team within a greater design department, working towards the continuous improvement of design in tooling, equipment and production.
As the company has been continuing to grow, they are looking to grow their team in order to develop further their market leading product. In this role you will be tasked with focusing heavily on continuous improvement and engineering refinement.
The successful candidate for the role of Design Manager will have;
- Experience of applying lean principle and other manufacturing theories
- Track record for procuring cut and machined parts from suppliers & sourcing new suppliers
- Worked in design and engineering, implementing jigs, fixtures & tooling solutions
- Coaching and mentoring ability, background in managing others
- Background of modern manufacturing process understanding (EG - automation & robotics)
- Degree education in Engineering with 3 years managerial experience in design & manufacturing
A new role within the business due to continued growth within the business. The candidate who takes up the role will be a keen problem solver who examines the facts and tries to think outside the box.
The responsibilities for the Design Manager are and not limited to;
- Design tooling and equipment to maintain and improve the production of all products
- Where appropriate, provide solutions that are based on the latest manufacturing technology
- Review and approve your team's engineering drawings and technical documents for release
- Conduct basic R&D and prototyping whilst maintaining meticulous records and issuing technical reports as necessary
Please apply within or contact James Ewart @ Orion Electrotech for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.