Kindeva is a global pharmaceutical contract developer and manufacturer (CDMO) business headquartered in St. Paul, MN. Kindeva was established following 3M's sale of substantially of all its drug delivery business to affiliates of Altaris Capital Partners.
Kindeva is navigating a period of dynamic change and growth as a result of the sale and business opportunities in its pipeline. Kindeva partners with global pharmaceutical companies to commercialize products, primarily through inhalation and transdermal delivery technologies.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Leader to join our team. In this role you will lead a team of talented process and project engineers to deliver strategic programmes and investments as well as improvements to current manufacturing processes and equipment for Kindeva, which employs ~950 individuals, primarily across the UK and US.
Summary of PositionProvide leadership to research new process technology for the site and identify manufacturing technology improvement opportunities for new and existing products and processes. Provide direct supervision to engineering professionals in a manufacturing operation to ensure EHS, quality, compliance, productivity, efficiency opportunities and improvements are implemented using latest problem solving and effective project management techniques.
- Reports to the Plant Manager, prioritise and assign resources for both strategic and operational goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the health & safety and wellbeing of direct reports.
- Accountable for the activities and results of their functional area.
- Accountable for compliance with all relevant legislation, Kindeva policy and industry standard objectives. Ensure reports are trained to meet statutory requirements and Kindeva policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision for staff reporting into this position. Set objectives, expectations, review performance regularly, engage, motivate, coach and develop reports.
- Active member of the site management team, collaborating cross-functionally and across the Kindeva management network globally.
- Leads and facilitates the research of new technology and the implementation of projects, programmes and activities through team members that ensure operational and strategic objectives are delivered.
- Understands the impact of key events and decisions on safety, quality, service and cost across the manufacturing and supply chain operation. Takes appropriate action to lead and direct team on their responsibilities for managing project costs, timelines, risks and meeting project deliverables.
- rovides leadership and direct supervision to engineering professionals in a manufacturing operation to ensure EHS, quality, compliance, productivity, efficiency opportunities and improvements are implemented using latest problem solving and effective project management techniques.
- Provides direction and facilitates problem solving activities through the team when deviations and interventions impact operational performance, product specifications, statutory compliance and local procedures.
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years relevant work experience in an Engineering Management role leading teams to deliver investments in new technology in a pharmaceutical/medical device/comparable regulated industry.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university in an Engineering discipline related to Mechanical/Electronic/Manufacturing/Automation or a combination of these.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to interface with key internal functions, key stakeholders, external regulators, auditors and outside vendors.
- Experience of introducing leading edge technology in a regulated environment either directly or through reporting teams including third party vendors and consultants.
- Good IT skills and able to develop future vision and execute IOT strategy
Preferred Skills & Experience
Travel: Up to 10%BenefitsKindeva offers a comprehensive benefit package and resources for employees.Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.Kindeva Drug Delivery is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered for employment equally without attention to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Good motivator, delegator and drives results through engaging their team.
- Good influencer and networker to ensure key stakeholders buy into proposals and investment justifications.
- Good communicator both with direct reports, management team and senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellence in project leadership.
- Good coach and can handle complex project plans and situations both with people issues and in helping others solve technical and organization problems that arise.