TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING POLICY MANAGER
- Essential - FTSE100 experience, ideally Financial Services
- £75,000 - £95,000 + package (incl. bonus, pension etc.)
- City of London (flexible working - remote/office)
Pear Talent is representing a globally FTSE100 financial services business who have an excellent opportunity for an Technical Accounting Policy, Manager in the City.
This team focus on technical accounting advice and assistance for the Group's external reporting. This involves; owning the group's accounting policy documentation; providing advice to business divisions and maintaining a business partnering relationship between Group Financial Reporting and the divisions supporting Financial Reporting BAU processes from a technical perspective. This team also cover a significnat variety of projects, such as the implementation of new accounting standards, M&A activity and other initiatives. Key accountabilities:
- Provide technical accounting advice and support to the other Group Finance teams and business areas (eg. training on new accounting standards, advice on new transactions etc.)
- Support the group's external reporting deliverables (incl. Annual and Interim reports, reports to Analysts etc.)
- Own the group's accounting policy manual and technical accounting documents
- Involvement in the drafting and review of Group Audit Committee papers
- Support in the coordination of the Technical Review Committee, involving both internal and external senior stakeholders, drafting of technical papers where appropriate, and the review and challenge of accounting papers
- Own or take significant responsibility as part of ad-hoc complex investigations or projects as directed by the Group Accounting Policy Lead or other senior management. These projects are likely to be group-wide and require project management across various divisions.
- Subject Matter Expert for all projects and issues related to technical reporting deliverables ensuring a consistent approach to technical reporting across the group.
- Significant interaction with key stakeholders across the group, management and co-ordination of the resulting projects
- Maintain a business partnering relationship between Group Finance and key contacts in the divisions
- Maintain the internal control framework for technical reporting processes to ensure financial and operational risks are appropriately controlled
- Identify opportunities and lead the implementation of process improvement
- Qualified accountant with excellent understanding of IFRS in Financial Services
- Ability to analyse and interpret other reporting frameworks, preferably gained through experience in a technical accounting reporting area within the financial services industry, or public practice.
- Proactive questioning and challenging of the status quo, with the ability to think outside the current framework.
- Proactive approach to investigating and understanding changing accounting
- requirements and ability to understand the impact on the business, systems, processes
- and reporting.
- Open and actively seek to discuss issues and share information.
- Ability to analyse problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and concise written reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to influence peers and senior management and build strong relationship within
- the team and outside.
- Proven experience of managing multiple priorities concurrently with effective stakeholder engagement.
If this isn't for you but you know someone who'd be interested, then why not confidentially recommend them by clicking here http://peartalent.co.uk/spread-the-word/. We have a fantastic referral scheme up to £1,000*.