Systems Engineer - Submarines Locations: Frimley, Weymouth, Bristol, Portsmouth, BarrowSalary: £30,000 - £50,000 Current SC Required
You will have the opportunity to work on one of a variety of our programmes and projects, helping us to design, develop, integrate, manage and support complex systems and combat sub-systems for in‑service and future submarines.
You will work within a team of other engineers and technical specialists to understand and influence the inputs, flow of decisions and dependencies that will impact system design and product delivery. Responsibilities - Systems Engineer - Submarines
Skills and Qualifications - Systems Engineer - Submarines
- Supporting your team to ensure that the technical requirements of the combat systems and products are correctly identified, documented and managed, so we can demonstrate that our work meets its contractual, safety and environmental obligations.
- Providing technical support to shipbuilder installation and/or integration activities (included in-service refitting authorities).
- Supporting the definition and associated acceptance criteria of your project through design, build, integration, installation and commissioning activities.
- Ensuring that design proving evidence is comprehensive and has been endorsed by the appropriate level of authority to support technical and business milestones.
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science)
- Understanding of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering practices to your work.
- Recognition of the need to apply relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Knowledge and experience of requirements management processes and tools, such as DOORS
- Understanding and knowledge of validation & verification, or test and acceptance activities and processes.
- Understanding of system design techniques such as Object Oriented Analysis/Design, Model-Based Systems Engineering.
We welcome people with experience of the military, defence and maritime industries, who can use their knowledge and learning to help us ensure that we provide the best products into submarines.
We are also keen to work with people from other industries, technical fields and working environments who can bring in innovative and fresh thinking and work with us to participate and contribute to the important work that we do. We offer excellent training and development.Benefits:
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.Click "Apply now" to find out more!