Syscomm are a Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) delivering advanced Server, Network, Cloud, Security and Voice solutions from our network of Data Centres. Our Infrastructure of diverse technologies and vendors is supported and administered by the technical team from our friendly, modern offices in Coventry, though working from home for the time being.
Due to our continued expansion throughout the COVID pandemic, we are seeking talented and experienced professionals with a passion for technology to join our expanding team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to participate in innovative projects and assist the IT Support Team in delivering a first-rate experience into our growing customer community. It is an ideal technology environment for you to develop your technical system, support and project delivery skills in a variety of leading IT environments. The role:
You will provide technical direction, deliver projects, drive incident resolution and support the team in delivering excellent customer provision.
Responsibilities of the Senior IT Systems Engineer include:
- Plan, Implement and Support Cloud and Internet Services Portfolio
- Produce Implementation plans and Documentation adhering to ITIL Standards
- Maintain infrastructure system configurations, documentation, procedures and processes
- Ensure that data backup strategies are maintained, verified, and updated as required
- Monitor and maintain operational reliability, identifying and implementing improvements
- Provide support and assistance to the Support Desk Team on escalated incidents
- Perform root cause analysis of technical issues and defects
- Mentor less experienced staff and provide technical training and skills transfer
- Visit Customer sites to provide Consultation and Technical Support
- Promote a climate of best practice, collaboration and continuous improvement at all times
- With the Technical Director develop architecture and strategic direction
To maintain IT Services in our non-stop world, the role will involve occasional out of hours working and participation in a team rota. About you:
You will have a passion for technology, be confident in your abilities and possess excellent communication, analytical and organisational skills. You are open to sharing your expertise to make complex technical perspectives easier for customers and colleagues.
Your expertise will include cloud and on-premise virtual infrastructure and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Server, Desktop and Exchange environments with an exposure to wide and local area networking Switching and IP routing.
You will demonstrate a flexible, pro-active and self-motivated attitude and have five years' experience preferably within a similar role within an MSP or IT Service Provider environment Knowledge / Experience required:
Desirable skills / experiences:
- Excellent knowledge of virtualisation and replication - VMWare / Hyper V / Veeam
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows Server 2019 / 2016, O365, Exchange, AADC, Group policy, WSUS & PowerShell
- A good understanding of Networks, Routers, Firewalls and Wi-Fi
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A strong academic record
- Full UK driving license and your own car
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
What you will get in return:
- VoIP experience - Avaya, Mitel, Wildix
- Experience in supporting Advanced Security Technologies and Methodologies
- Cisco/Microsoft or other relevant certifications
In a friendly and supportive working environment the company offers opportunities to develop your career and gain experience across a wide range of technologies. Our open-door culture encourages employee involvement, training, growth and develop within the company. We host regular social occasions, home broadband is offered free of charge, with other benefits including a company pension and free onsite parking.