Principal Engineer /Contractors Responsible Engineer - Permanent Way
We currently have the opportunity for a talented Principal Engineer and CRE - Permanent Way to join the Rail team based in York. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging rail projects and an opportunity to develop their careers with a successful global engineering consultancy.About Arcadis:
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
The railway sector is one of our core markets, a position it has held throughout our history. We pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.About The Team:
The Rail North East business based in York and covering Network Rail's Eastern Region including Anglia is growing off the back of recent wins. We're delivering a multitude of projects for clients including Network Rail, Nexus, Tier one Contractors and Local Authorities as well as supporting other parts of the UK business to deliver HS2, Crossrail and other Network Rail Frameworks. Requirements:
Reporting to the Track Team Leader as a Principal Engineer you will provide design delivery on a variety of track schemes including, depots, Stations, plain line and S&C works upgrade/remodelling works. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be a key technical team member in the York Rail Track design team, responsible for and involved the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
You will fulfil the role of Track CRE for Network Rail projects or lead Permanent Way engineer on projects for other clients.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.Essential Experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will have a gained substantial track design experience with significant experience gained within the rail sector and in a consultancy environment.
- Have previous relevant experience including supervision of track elements of large, complex projects
- ·Previously fulfilled the role or Track CRE for Network Rail or similar lead engineer roles for other clients.
- Experience preparing design deliverables using Bentley OpenRail design software package
- Good working relationships developed with Clients
- You will be an Innovative thinker, a team player, proactive and delivery focused
- An aptitude for Building Information Modelling and the workflow associated with projects delivered in a Common Data Environment
- You will possess the enthusiasm to tackle stretch tasks
- You will be flexible to travel throughout the UK on occasion
- You will be able to demonstrate strong team building and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven planning and organisation skills
- Manage engineering activities that contribute to sustainable development
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Leading and assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Designing in 3D modelling environments such as OpenRail, AECOSim, Revit and Civil 3D
- Fulfilling CRE / Lead Engineer roles on projects
- Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Taking a lead role in the resolution of technical issues
- Supervision and technical development of other engineering team members
- Attending site and taking a lead role in the completion of surveys in a rail environment
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health, Safety and Welfare regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Building relationships with Clients on projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
- Line Management responsibilities
- Degree in an engineering discipline (preferably a Masters Degree)
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer professional status, or equivalent
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people ﬁrst' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.