Before you meet us, get to know us
RPC is a modern, progressive and commercially-oriented City legal services business. From our offices in the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore we provide advice to both UK and international clients. What we do
Our practice spans a wide range of industry sectors, with a particular focus on technology and media, retail, commercial and financial disputes, regulatory and insurance. Working on both contentious and non-contentious matters, our clients range from large multinationals to growth UK corporate firms and other professional practices, and include many household names.Why we're different
We have a confident, accessible and enterprising approach that sets performance, service and value at the top of the agenda. Our goal is to do the usual things unusually well, make the complex simple and help our clients build better, stronger businesses.
Our success is built on the level of service we give to clients - delivering what they want, on time and in an easily accessible manner.How we work
We are friendly and approachable, yet we are not afraid to give tough advice and few are more tenacious when it comes to securing the results our clients need. We ask questions that get straight to the point and listen because we are genuinely interested in our clients and their businesses. We understand how our clients work, the pressures they face, and the ambitions they have. And, of course, we love our work.Where we work
We act for a large number of international clients with interests throughout the world. We have offices in both the UK and Asia and, as a founder-member of TerraLex - one of the world's largest legal networks - we have strong links with law firms in over 100 jurisdictions allowing us to offer a seamless service to our clients across the globe.Role overview
We are looking for a property litigation consultant to work with our real estate team with broad experience of property litigation.
We work with a variety of property companies, corporates, retailers and developers through the full life-cycle of their property investments and occupations. We are looking for litigation support on all transactions handled for these groups, both landlord and tenant side.
The ideal candidate would have at least 8 years PQE and take a practical, proactive approach to managing and settling disputes. They should also be able to help clients navigate ADR options.
Common instructions might be related to matters concerning the LTA 1954, end of term dilapidations, rights of light or other development-related issues, restrictive covenants, easements and other real property interests and trespass. Although we are predominantly commercial-property focused, a grounding in residential property would also be valued as we occasionally act for HNW individuals on residential matters.
The successful candidate will be working closely with partner Elizabeth Alibhai who heads up our Real Estate group and have strong academics and be fluent in English.Recruiting the best - our culture
The workplace culture we value Where:
- We trust each other to want to thrive; to care about and do the right thing for the firm and its clients; and be committed to our individual and colleagues' development and learning.
- As adults, we are capable of being responsible for our actions; behaviours; decisions; and impact on others.
- It is our personal responsibility to get timely and useful feedback and to use development pointers to guide performance improvement supported by others - including the People & Talent Development Team and Line Manager - through regular, quality conversations.
- We share ownership and accountability for performance: managers and peers are accountable to each other.
- Collegiality; approachability; inclusiveness and co-operation are key.
- We balance autonomy, support and challenge to grow.
- We are efficient and adopt a pragmatic, solution-focused approach.
In practice this means: At RPC we:
And our managers
- Want to do great work, "wherever", "however".
- Go the extra mile for clients and colleagues (in terms of output).
- Contribute positively to life at RPC, with particular reference to finance, social life, behaviour, functional expertise and development.
- Nurture adult to adult relationships based on shared accountability.
- Care about our colleagues and the firm - and want everyone to succeed.
- Care about their people, treating everyone with dignity and respect.
- Work to create an inclusive environment in which people can thrive and develop (which sometimes means getting out of the way).
- Make regular time for quality conversations that build stronger connections.
- Hone their judgement skills and flex their personal style when working with others.