Our design community helps create transformative brands that move businesses, people and the world forward. We believe brands can transform how we think and live - creatively, culturally and commercially. We're not interested in superficial or incremental change. We make things different to make a difference.Your role:
Creative Director is our most iconic creative position. Your primary purpose is to grow and inspire our design community, and to bring a solid, uncompromising creative point of view to the leadership of the business. The creative industry recognises Wolff Olins Creative Directors as people who design agenda setting, category-defining and award-winning work.
You will play a key role in leading and growing our business by being the ultimately accountable creative leader on our most significant pitches and client relationships. You are conceptually inspiring, positively influencing the C-suite to make big leaps, yet you're able to articulate your vision for design teams to make it real, navigating and leading teams through challenging briefs and complex client organisations.
Always with one eye beyond the immediate project, you are ambitious for our clients, looking for how we can extend and build the relationship to push them to go further. You are responsible for:
- Steering multiple large, complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as overseeing smaller fast-paced projects
- Together with the other CDs, overseeing and taking responsibility for the creative excellence of everything that goes out of the door
- Transforming insight, data and strategic hypothesise into a singular, compelling and creative story
- Building and maintaining c-suite and board-level client relationships
- Having a constant eye on our business, be proactive in helping us fill the pipeline with new opportunities, and leading pitches will be natural to you.
- Being inspiring, compelling and utterly authoritative for clients and partners
- Having a good understanding and contributing towards, growing and managing the commercial health of the business.
- Setting our creative course, with your finger on the pulse of what's happening in the world
- Developing our brand and ensuring best practice in terms of its use
- Growing our reputation in the world - speaking at big events and building an influential creative network
- Building great relationships with other WO seniors inside and beyond the creative resource and acting as a role model within multi-disciplinary teams
We're looking for an inspiring yet hands-on Creative Director who can deliver results and have fun. You will have come from a commercial design background, where you will have demonstrated that you are a highly strategic thinker. You will be drawing upon high-level creative experience with an impressive track-record of brand creation, where you will have developed a reputation within the external design community as a credible leader.You should:
What you get:
- Be a generous leader - natural problem solver, with the judgement, experience and resolution to make things happen, you have a generous and collaborative nature, give others space while stretching and pushing them to grow.
- Build long-lasting relationships - you enjoy expanding your network and quickly establish rapport with clients and your team. You should have relentless, infectious positive energy, which others feed on.
- Embrace change - you should never afraid to offer perspective - or ask others theirs. You remain open-minded and flexible, constantly looking for new ways to make stuff happen and make the design better.
- Push for success - you are unafraid to try - and fail with a 'nothing is impossible' spirit, you should be resolute and tenacious enough to see things through and continuously push yourself and others to get the best results.
- Be an innovator - you are a creative visionary who is passionate about the power of design to change the world. You have a point of view but have a healthy respect for others experiences and encourage others to generate and explore new ideas.
- Be an Influencer - you can 'read' and weigh-up complex situations and others' motivations. You have both cut-through and rigour of thought that you use to articulate information, stretch ideas and convince others.
- Rigorous in your approach - you have a keen eye for quality and finessing the work, yet comfortable with ambiguity and able to improvise.
- Freedom and autonomy - we give our people latitude to be themselves and operate in ways they feel work best for their clients, their teams and the business. We're always looking for the optimal way to help people operate, and teams be amazing. We won't box you in.
- Influence and impact - we work with the most senior and influential leaders operating at a level with significant authority to make big change happen. Our people can directly influence these leaders and the impact they make in the world.
- Reputation and network - we help build high profile reputations for our people and set our people up for ongoing future success. Our alumni have gone on to become award-winning novelists, senior clients at some of the most respected brands in the world or gone to set up their own businesses areas as broad as tourism and fashion.
Wolff Olins believes in creating an environment where people can bring their whole selves to work. We are interested in our people having diverse points of view and different perspectives on the world. We are happy to talk flexible working.