Desktop Support Engineer
Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30
Rotation out-of-hours schedule with time off in lieu or overtime paid The Job:
You will be responsible for delivering 1st and 2nd line solutions to technical faults and user enquiries.
- To provide technical support on all aspects of hardware and peripherals, production applications and the server configuration set up which is unique to this environment.
- To provide network maintenance and administration tasks as directed; ensuring all necessary control documentation is completed.
- To demonstrate continual self-learning in the immediate and related disciplines, including keeping up to date with the latest market changes and offerings.
- To transfer/share knowledge with colleagues to effectively develop the IT group.
- To demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills, escalating where appropriate and using resources efficiently.
- To take ownership of calls and enquiries logged with Desktop Support and update the clients/users on a regular basis.
- To train users where appropriate to improve their skills base and improve their utilisation of the technology available to them. This will involve on the job coaching as well as the delivery of more structured training and educational processes. To manage user expectation by maintaining effective communication at all times.
- To record activity the call logging system. All written communication must be well structured, accurate and easy to understand.
- To place and monitor support calls directed to third party contractors; maintaining accurate records in this regard, escalating the calls appropriately. This area must be approached professionally and in keeping with the business requirements as you have identified them.
- To maintain regular communication with users ensuring calls are progressed efficiently.
- To maintain regular communication with the Client IT functions, ensuring issues are escalated when necessary and that you work within the standards they set.
- To participate in the delivery of IS projects
- Experienced in PC/Server environment supporting both hardware and software
- Printer Support and Configuration
- High speed scanning operations support
- Good problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills
- Good knowledge of Windows 10
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX preferable
- Experienced in basic maintenance of structured wiring systems
- Can display good technical knowledge of one or more server backup systems
- Good experience with MS Office applications- 2016/O365
- Basic network knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- User Administration - Active Directory
- Managed Environments
- Maintaining relationships with 3rd Party Vendors
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits which includes Private Medical Insurance, Life Insurance/Life Assurance, Company Pension, Corporate Eye Care, Personal Accident and Company Sick Pay. Additional benefits such as Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Gym Membership, Charity Donations, Employee Offers, Retail Vouchers and Season Ticket Loan are offered at a discount on a salary sacrifice basis. You will also have the opportunity to work for a global employer who is dedicated to offering each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career with future career development prospects.
Williams Lea positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note: Due to the high volume of responses received for this role we will not be able to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us in four weeks please consider your application unsuccessful