FPGA Design Engineer (Stevenage, Portsmouth & Newport)
At this world renowned Aerospace company, their purpose is to improve life on Earth and beyond through their cutting-edge space technologies. With every technological breakthrough, they bring people closer together, they navigate new frontiers and they discover new and unexplored destinations. And they don't just take innovations to space - their space solutions and projects help solve global challenges on Earth.
But they don't stop there: they envisage a future where our human economy expands beyond Earth's orbit and everyone benefits from the value of space. Explore, discover, connect: together, they can make tomorrow more than just another day.The Role
A vacancy has arisen for an FPGA Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Stevenage
- They are currently expanding to meet increasing demand for more advanced technologies both on national programmes and for customers globally.
- The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites.
- The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
- In this rewarding role you will be developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
- Decomposition of requirements into an architecture design and document the chosen design whilst describing any trade-offs performed.
- Detailed RTL design in VHDL.
- Verification of the RTL design and documenting the verification that was performed.
- Support integration of the ASIC / FPGA into the target hardware.
- Ensure that all ASIC / FPGA designs are developed in accordance with the company design process.
- Support customer design reviews.
- Experienced in the complete design flow from requirements to design acceptance
- Experienced in VHDL simulation tools in particular Mentor Graphics Questa.
- Experienced in FPGA technologies and their tools including Xilinx and Microsemi.
- Experience in synthesis and STA tools from Synopsys is beneficial.
- Good analytical skills and methodical approach to problem resolution and investigations.
- Good communication skills and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to present technical data in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience of the Linux operating system would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of scripting languages including TCL and PERL would be beneficial.
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering or related discipline.
Apply now, or contact Ben Roberts for more information
- Base salary of up to £60,000
- Flexible Working