Retail Managment Accountant - £50,000 - £60,000Our Company
Bensons for Beds is the largest Bed Retailer in the UK with 150+sites within shopping centres and retail parks. We are a self-sufficient brand, over 70% of our products are made in our UK based manufacturing sites. Across Logistics, Retail and Manufacturing we have over 1500+ employees.
You will be a senior member of a team responsible for the end to end production of an accurate and timely set of management accounts, including detailed variance analysis versus budget and forecast and commentaries.
What we are looking for
- Management of the month end process resulting in the timely production of an accurate set of management accounts.
- Ensure that the full set of balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed monthly, ready for review by the Financial Controller.
- Driving detailed variance analysis including cost centre reporting.
- Ensuring that all fixed asset related transactions and accounting entries are properly controlled, recorded and reported, including any variances within these transactions to budget & forecast.
- UK VAT and Intrastat Reporting.
- Collating & preparing detailed management accounts and board pack commentaries covering income statement, balance sheet and cashflow.
- Oversee quarter, half and year end reporting.
- Maintenance and development of the financial aspects of Property database (Propman)
- Adherence to and application of relevant IFRS accounting standards including IFRS15 and 16.
- Support Group Function with any queries they may have with regards to the results.
- Implement group accounting policies, internal controls and other requirements.
- Ownership, identification and follow-up of potential financial control weaknesses in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Business Partner community to promote and share business partnering ideas, learnings, experiences and best practice.
- Ad-hoc reporting tasks as requested.
- 5 x GCSEs (including English & Maths) Grades (A-C)
- Fully Qualified (CIMA/ACCA) with over 2 Years PQE
- Previous experience of using a financial package such as CODA / Navision / Sage etc.
- Computer Literate
- Experience of using MS Excel, Word & Outlook
- Excellent communicator
- Experience in the Retail Sector
- Well organised with excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Willingness to accept and promote change and new ideas
- Team player with high degree of flexibility
- Excellent attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal and written skills
- Can do' mentality
Please Click Applyfor immediate consideration
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexible to work throughout the UK