As a member of the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit Team,
you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children. You will need to develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multidiscipline. you will need to be able to communicate effectively.
These are full time roles working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families.
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise other staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To maintain confidentiality surrounding the child's admission and treatment at all times.
- To act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- To start planning discharges from admission, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence-based nursing care.
- To be competent in the administration of medication.
- To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed "best practice".
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Child Registered Nurse
- Post grad nursing experience in a paediatric setting ideally PICU; although we will consider those that have an interest in progressing a career within PICU from another specialism
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Easy Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.