DevOps Engineer About Encompass
Encompass is the creator of Know Your Customer (KYC) automation for major financial and professional service firms globally. It is a provider of simultaneous, real-time access to multiple sources of global company and person data. By using robotic search to discover everything a KYC policy demands, Encompass delivers more efficient processes and faster, safer regulatory compliance, resulting in lower costs and superior risk management.
With offices in Sydney, Glasgow, London and Singapore, we are a rapidly growing international company offering a chance to be part of our success - read on if you think you're up for the challenge... About the Role
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team which delivers best-in-class cloud-based SaaS solutions? If the answer is yes, we may have the ideal career move for you!
We use a modern tech stack which is mainly composed of Java 8/11, ES9, AngularJs, React, Spring Framework/Boot, Micro-services, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ecosystem, Auth0, ActiveMQ, Tomcat8.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for technical aspects of Encompass's Cloud Hosting. The role is responsible for supporting the company's hosting requirements for all levels of customer. This includes a combination of environments that is either dedicated to single-tenant or multi-tenant enrollment. The role also sits on the edge of modern digital transformation such as: Infrastructure as Code and Cloud-Native automation.
This role reports to the Head of Cloud Engineering and is responsible for the day to day processes that support the availability, scalability and security of the SaaS platform. Responsibilities & Duties
Day to day, this means you will:
Qualifications & Experience
- Be responsible for day to day operations that support Encompass's global SaaS Cloud Hosting requirements
- Assist the Head of Cloud Engineering to plan and roll out new customer environments
- Design and work with the IT Operations team to deliver cost effective and fit for purpose cloud and internal infrastructure solutions designed to meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements
- Plan and manage infrastructure migrations between cloud platforms and regions
- Ensure existing infrastructure and systems meet performance, cost, redundancy and SLA requirements
- Implement backup and DR plans that are effective, documented, reviewed and tested on a regular basis
- Assist other DevOps and Cloud Engineering team members on required maintenance activities, projects and other tasks required to maintain or improve cloud infrastructure
- Develop, implement and communicate any required infrastructure changes in a careful and deliberate manner to improve Encompass's cloud systems including enhancing security, performance, simplicity and resilience
- Support the implementation and adaptation of processes & procedures for the ongoing maintenance of the company cloud systems maintaining adequate and accurate system documentation
To succeed in this demanding role, you will need:
What we offer
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS/Azure
- Strong general networking and network troubleshooting knowledge. Routing, VPN, network security, DNS, Load Balancers
- Strong systems administration knowledge for any Linux distribution, preferably Ubuntu
- Previous experience with Terraform, Tomcat, ActiveMQ and Kafka
- Previous experience in configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet or similar technologies.
- Experience with data layer clustering and replication, such as distributed files systems and highly available database cluster.
- Previous experience in NoSQL database, MongoDB is a plus.
- Previous experience with relational databases such as PostgresQL or MS SQL
- Good grounding in managing and supporting the Atlassian tool suite
- Solid software development or scripting in at least one development stack, ideally including Java and Python.
- Strong ability to document completely and accurately at all levels of solution implementation
- Strong understanding of Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management and Computer Operations IT disciplines
We offer a rewarding and challenging place to work. We are fortunate to have some of the industry's leading professionals, and a team of bright and committed teammates.
By joining the team, you will receive a very competitive salary, attractive benefits package and share options.
All employees participate in our share options scheme as we would like for everyone to share in the company's success. Our collective drive towards our goals helps us to achieve great things. We also find our scheme creates a strong, companywide culture and determination to achieve our mission; to become the global compliance automation SaaS provider of choice.