Who are we?
Humn.ai is a data-first Insurtech start-up on a mission to make insurance work better for commercial transportation fleets. We make risk visible and price insurance by the second so businesses can focus on what they do best: move people and goods safely.
Our core platform utilizes streaming telematics data and adjusts insurance pricing in real-time reacting to the driver's usage, behaviour and environment to enable us to offer previously impossible insurance products.What's important to us?
Our ethos is built on the principles of empowerment and autonomy. We believe in the power of open collaboration, open communication & open-source software. We need people who understand what it is like to be part of a shared mission and what it takes for a team to succeed. Skills are important but people are everything. If these words speak to you, you should speak to us!What kind of things will you be working on?
- Creation of predictive models for the platform's context-aware, real-time behavioural pricing & risk engine
- Models to predict driving events and classify driving behaviours
- Helping to develop an industry-first insurance solution for Autonomous Vehicles
- Developing deep learning models designed to run on EdgeML devices/Smart Cameras
RequirementsWhat skills will you need?
A great candidate would have experience with:
- Strong Python skills and 3+ years of professional experience building production-grade ML services
- Excellent understanding of ML core concepts and applied statistics
- Expertise in data science-related python libraries eg: pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, TensorFlow
- Deep learning expertise
- Experience in deploying production models
- Comfort working with the command line
- Geospatial and/or time-series problems
- Exposure to working with autonomous vehicle or telematics data
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Accident modelling (or experience with imbalanced problems)
- Some familiarity with distributed computing (eg Dask, Ray, Spark)
- Knowledge of a testing framework (such as pytest)
- Competitive salary
- Remote working considered across Europe.
- Flexible working arrangement *
- Very flexible and generous vacation policy
- A cutting edge technical environment to tune your skills
* Our policy aims to encourage people to consider flexible working arrangements. We recognise that a better work-life balance can improve employee motivation, performance and productivity, and reduce stress. Therefore we support employees in achieving a better balance between work and their other priorities, such as caring responsibilities, leisure activities, further learning, and other interests. Humn.ai is committed to agreeing any flexible working arrangements, provided that the needs and objectives of both the organisation and the employee can be met.