The job in a nutshell
Would you like the opportunity to work in a innovative technology role and have the opportunity to work as part of a team that is major disruptor in the energy market? Are you interested in building architecture technology platforms that will integrate with some of the biggest names in the retail energy sector, delivering technological and commercial innovation to the market and our partners?
You'll be pleased to know that GoCo Group have an exciting Senior Test Engineer opportunity for an experienced and high performing technology expert to undertake a pivotal role in our AutoSave business, becoming integral to the growth of a strategic arm of GoCo group.
GoCo Group are market leading in the Auto-savings space, allowing us to deliver on our mission of helping customers save time and money with their household bills. We're continuing to grow all of our teams and the success of our Auto-Savings services relies on the technological influence we have in place.Skills and experience you'll need to have
What you'll be responsible for
- Ability to update an existing BDD test framework using cucumber
- Create and run performance testing and validate compliance with non functional requirements.
- Developing BDD integration tests that are run on a dedicated QA environment and managed using Jenkins or similar tools.
- Create on the fly test and deployment scripts in shell and python
- Knowledge of AWS components such as EC2 instances, Data pipelines, S3, CloudFormation, API Gateways, Lambdas, SQS, SNS, SES, Cognito.
- Deploying code changes to the live production environment
- Proficient with tools such as IntelliJ, Postman, GIT, Jenkins, Cloudwatch, Kibana, Zeppelin, Puppet and Docker
- Using AWS Athena and SQL to query data stored in AWS.
- Knowledge using NoSQL JSON databases such as Dynamo DB and relational databases such as Postgres,
- Knowledge in Agile methodologies by attending agile ceremonies such as stand-ups, retros, refinement sessions and planning meetings.
Who you'll be working with
- Acts as the principal gate keeper for functional quality changes pushed to production
- Supports the delivery of products to ensure quality in line with defined process and policy (e.g. test analysis and sizing, test strategy and test execution)
- Produces clear and concise documentation to support software applications
- Prepares, plans and delivers software demonstrations to stakeholders at all levels
- Works with other areas of Tech to continuously improve processes through automation and operational improvements
- Implements test solutions in key business domains and uses data to drive decision-making
- Explores new opportunities opened up by new technologies and actively champions the adoption
- Facilitates technical discussions across teams and departments
- Proactively contributes to, develops and maintains test process and policy
- Supports the product owner in defining acceptance criteria's for technical user stories
- Leads the design, build and testing of applications, ensuring a consistently high level of quality in development output
- Works with wider Tech teams to ensure everyone works towards one vision
- Works with Delivery / Product Managers to help shape backlogs and deliver timely roadmap features