Junior Business AnalystMaidenheadSalary on ApplicationWho are we?
SDL is the global leader and innovator in language and content management technology and services. We enable companies to create meaningful digital journeys and form important emotional connections with their global customers by powering the creation, translation and delivery of relevant, personalized content to make understanding possible. We are a dynamic, collaborative and globally diverse team, working together to completely transform how the world communicates and connects with one another through content. If you like making an impact, helping others, taking a fresh look at processes and tools, furthering an open an innovative culture and tend to generally look at even the smallest task in the context of how it impacts the overall organization - we should talk!What is this role?
SDL are a publicly traded company with $400M+ annual revenues, over 3000 employees in 70 offices within 38 countries across the world. Headquartered from Maidenhead, SDL is widely recognised as disruptive and unique, and has grown consistently over its 26 year history and acquired many leading technologies in the process.
Over the past two years and in line with overall business strategy and vision, SDL have streamlined from multiple lines of business to one operating division. In support of this transformation, the global business applications team is partnering with the business to implement new systems; processes and structure to support future growth.
This brings about an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who is keen to learn and deliver business critical solutions. We are looking for dedicated, self-motivated, highly skilled Business Analyst to join the Solutions Delivery Team within SDL.
The candidate will develop and maintain a medium level of business and product knowledge that allows them to support and challenge new software development initiatives. You will have a moderate proven Business Analysis background with technical and problem solving skills, and a demonstrated track record of working across a wide range of enterprise software technologies across a broad spectrum of software development methodologies, including agile and waterfall approaches.Responsibilities:
- Act as the principal conduit for the gathering, management, analysis and documentation of business requirements generated by key business stakeholders.
- To create use cases, process diagrams and other documents to support requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of solution design, system acceptance tests and support handover.
- Collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for the project, and communicating them to Solution Architects, Developers, Testers and Support teams
- Work closely with solution teams and business stakeholders bringing both into regular and close contact where necessary.
- Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the business data model, work flow processes and architecture across key applications.
- Perform gap analysis.
- Build trusted relationships with management, SME's, business sponsors and third parties at different levels within the organisation.
- Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from business on the specifications.
- Assist with Functional and User Acceptance Testing, Governance and Sign off.
- Provide the link between the customer, solution teams and any third parties regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
- Day to day management of change requests in relation to project/BAU plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Manage RAID log.
- Qualifications and experience:
- 4+ years' in Business Analysis roles.
- Relevant BCS professional qualifications.
- Proven experience of delivering medium projects as a BA.
- Proven experience in gathering and documenting complex Business Requirements.
- Proven ability to understand business processes. Ability to model business requirements as process flows.
- Understanding of entire software delivery cycle and stakeholder relationship management.
- Detailed understanding of software development methodologies and industry best
- Personal characteristics:
- Negotiation and consensus building skills - with solution teams, customers, business and other stakeholders
- Ability to interact constructively with cross-functional team members. Recognise and focus on critical path activities and instil that focus into others
- Well organised
- Clear communicator
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Assertive, but people-focused
- Continually open to new ideas
- Passionate technologist
- Solutions orientated
- Delivery focused
- Infinite training, professional development and personal growth opportunities
- The rare opportunity to impact how organizations communicate globally. There's a reason we work with 90 of the top 100 brands.
- Smart, engaged co-workers, a culture of innovation and opportunity.
- Great work life balance
To learn more about working at SDL go to http://www.sdl.com/about/career/
Software and Services for Human Understanding