DevOps EngineerReporting to:
Head of EngineeringLocation:
Joining the Platform Support team at Mirriad, you would be responsible for helping us to help our development teams support, develop, and deploy into our AWS cloud, and Kubernetes infrastructure-as-code environments.
Some of the technology we use - you don't have to be familiar with all of it after the first two;Amazon Web ServicesKubernetes
- To evangelise a dev-ops culture amongst Developers and Support. Resolving networking, application, and containerised-infrastructure challenges. Working with our engineering teams to facilitate their continuous integration deployments.
- Work with developers, the product and support teams to support and maintain the production and lower environments.
- Work with Developers to support existing code repositories and build plans. Help communicate and document existing and new systems between different product teams
- Specify and deploy new systems to bring monitoring and automation to both Development and Support teams and adapt existing systems to ensure the smooth running of production and development environments.
Git / Bitbucket / Bamboo
Zabbix / Graphana
Cisco, Meraki and Arista
Terraform / Ansible
- A Kubernetes enthusiast, with experience working with automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Probably from a support background, but have been working for the past few years in a DevOps role
- Already experienced working with Amazons AWS cloud
- Very comfortable in the *nix world
- Familiar with software development, continuous integration, agile methodologies, code repositories etc
- A great communicator, encouraging co-operation and knowledge sharing amongst teams.
- Bash/Python Scripting, or similar
- Familiar with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira/Bamboo/Bitbucket etc)
- Worked with Active MQ or similar messaging layers
- Experience working in video production/post production technology
We are an equal opportunity employer who are passionate and committed to ensuring that we are driven by respect, fairness, advances in equality of outcome and eliminating discrimination in all its forms. We are proud to foster an inclusive environment where every employee feels able to bring their whole self to work and feel comfortable sharing what they think, feel and their ideas. As a multinational, multicultural business we seek to provide our people with opportunity for employment, career and personal development solely on the basis of their ability, qualifications and suitability for that work. Our aim is to be purposeful in considering diversity and inclusion in everything we do at all levels of the business. Our ultimate goal is to make positive and lasting change for the better.