At CFC we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We were delighted to be recognised in the 'Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For 2019' including a placing within the Top 30 for London!
CFC Benefits include 25 days holiday, Private medical insurance (plus dental and Optical cashback benefit), Life insurance scheme, Income protection scheme, Pension plan, Season ticket loan, Subsidised gym membership, 24/7 employee assistance programme and dress for your day. CFC social events include summer party weekend, Halloween and Christmas parties.About CFC
CFC is a specialist insurance provider and a pioneer in emerging risk. With a track record of disrupting inefficient insurance markets, CFC uses proprietary technology to deliver high-quality products to market faster than the competition while making it easier for brokers to do business. Our broad range of commercial insurance products are purpose-built for today's risks, and we aim to give our customers everything they need in one, easy-to-understand policy.
Headquartered in London, CFC serves more than 70,000 businesses in over 80 countries. We're privately held and growing faster than any of our competitors in the market.
Although insurance is a serious business, our culture isn't too corporate and we never take ourselves too seriously. We are 'one-team' and enjoy a culture of openness and encouragement. We invest heavily in the learning and development of our people and enjoy a fast-paced working atmosphere that is friendly, supportive, and fun. Role definition
Our software development team is the engine room of our business, providing bespoke systems that give us our competitive advantage in a dynamic and fast paced marketplace. You will focus on the front-end development of various applications that provide our users with the interfaces for these systems.
This is a technology driven role, centred around Angular as well as some client service development in C# (.NET Framework/Dot Net Core) within an agile development team. From day one you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and can work in a small, dynamic and hugely ambitious team.Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
Skills & Ability
- Development of new web applications and associated client services;
- Maintenance and improvement of existing systems;
- Delivery of projects and new features according to defined deadlines and quality requirements;
- Write and review supporting technical documentation;
- Participate in specification and code reviews, working closely with Developers, the Quality Assurance team and a Business Analyst to ensure high quality of all team deliverables;
- Work as part of a small team and successfully manage your own tasks according to the larger needs of the business;
- Always communicate in a friendly and professional manner with colleagues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Angular and TypeScript;
- Reactive Programming with State management (using RxJS and NgRx)
- RESTful API design;
- Modern authentication mechanisms (OAuth2, OIDC, JWT);
- Font-end build pipelines and the tools necessary (ng-cli, Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.);
- CSS and the various pre-processor scripting languages used in expressing style (SASS, LESS, Stylus, etc.);
- Static analysis tools for Angular applications;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements;
- Excellent team player;
- Creative problem solver with a "get it done" approach to all tasks;
- Presentable, good communications skills;
- Confident, energetic, responsible and self-motivated;
- A good sense of humour and the ability to have some fun;
- You have a desire to always push the technology stack forwards and contribute to the choices of future technologies.
Education & Qualifications
- 5+ years of software development experience with primary focus on front-end development with knowledge of back-end development (C# and the Microsoft .NET and Dot Net Core runtimes preferable);
- 2+ years of experience in Angular and related libraries, workflow approaches, and build pipelines necessary to deliver a production grade front-end application;
- Demonstrable experience with resolving the challenges of developing a complex application in an enterprise environment;
- Experience with deploying an application into a Cloud environment, preferably Azure;
- Demonstrable experience of taking UX designs and turning it into a functional application;
- Experience of building responsive user interfaces that look and behave appropriately on desktop as well as mobile devices, including touch adaptive interfaces;
- A relevant degree within computer science and/or equivalent professional certifications