To manage a number of concurrent projects through to completion and have responsibility for successful delivery - on budget and on time whilst meeting the customer's expectations.
To be involved with cultivating existing and new customers, building relationships with suppliers and assisting with building new opportunities
To attend contract handover meetings chaired by the Engineering Director to develop baseline programme. To receive handover pack from sales encompassing;
Baseline Programme of Works
Working within agreed MCS Control Systems procedures and formats. Contract Management Duties
Applicable when the Contract Manager has overall responsibility for the Contract
Contract Manager with overall responsibility for the successful delivery of the project, on time, on budget and to the agreed specifications.
Maintain & Update Gantt Chart against baseline
Manage and report on project costs (Actual and Forecast) for ALL elements of the project including materials and resources. Report to be monthly and issued to the Engineering Director and the Commercial Manager.
Responsible for ensuring all appropriate documentation, specifications, drawings are approved by the client.
Ensure Project folder is maintained and kept up to date
- Ensure Correspondence logs are maintained and kept up to date
- Resource Planning - identify to the Engineering Manager the resource needs for the project and update the resource plan on a regular basis.
- Develop and manage contingency plan throughout project covering milestones, available resource etc.
- Identification and Submission of VO's to client whilst informing the Commercial Manager
- Submission of documents/specifications for Client approval
- Issue Completion Certificate & Handover
- Attend Contract Reviews and submit
1. Progress against baseline programme (revised Gantt Chart)
2. Cost report detailing, costs to date, committed and anticipated for ALL elements of the project.
3. Summary of progress to date, issues and next milestones.
- To effectively manage the project team, allocated by the Engineering Director/Design Manager, encompassing, design, manufacture, site supervision and commissioning.
- To ensure the project and team comply with the MCS Control Systems QA systems.
- To ensure all design reviews are completed by the Design Manager and ensure the solution/design meets the requirements of the client, budget and statutory regulations.