How about working with some of the biggest, innovative and most exciting British brands out there at the moment? On top of the great work environment you'll get the chance to work with some of the best talent in software development in a truly Agile, knowledge-sharing environment.The role
The Solutions Architect
will act as an internal consultant, advising teams and clients on how best to develop software solutions, getting their hands dirty and writing code when required to solve particularly challenging problems, and building a knowledge base of the software products and services we offer.
We're looking for someone who can lead development teams, work with the client and Agile teams and has strong design skills both at the architectural level as well as the coding level. It goes without saying that you will have awesome communications skills.
As a Solutions Architect, you must be capable not only of developing software or reviewing code when needed, but also demonstrate a firm grasp of the full Systems Analysis lifecycle: requirements capture, planning, project estimation and software design. You should be also able to provide leadership and mentoring of less experienced members of the development team.Am I the right person for the job?
- You are passionate about technology, commercially experienced with the desire and drive to produce the very best work possible.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both written and oral; and should demonstrate experience of writing technical documentation.
- You'll come from a background in Agile (SCRUM) and will have strong logical and problem-solving skills in full software development lifecycle.
- Ideally you will be from a development background who has moved into an Architecture role.
- A minimum of 5 years commercial Java/J2EE Experience in full software development life-cycle and demonstrate strong logical/problem solving skills.
- You're a perfectionist who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved when needed.
- The techy stuff? You'll have loads of experience with Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlets), developing and maintaining client and server-side Web Services (REST) with the use of the Spring MVC frames.