We are notonthehighstreet.
We're home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we're doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that's where you come in. What we need
We've embarked on an ambitious new phase of development to advance our technology including platform re-architecture to modern microservices and rewriting the front end. This will include moving all the services to cutting-edge tech and introducing new big data & machine learning platforms. It's an exciting time and we need to strengthen and grow our teams!
As Tech Lead you will take on technical leadership of one or more engineering teams ensuring we design and build great services and front end as well as take active part in coaching and developing our engineers. Some of the things you'll be doing
Some Key Skills + Experience You'll Need - Essential skills
- Oversee one or more cross-functional engineering teams to deliver great software for our customers and partners
- Provide technical leadership and ultimately act as the technical authority for key decisions
- Make sure that the tech is operationally ready and provide active support for high priority and complex production issues
- Monitor and manage technical debt, articulating necessary remedial work in a way that it can be prioritised against business facing features
- Help to shape the overall architecture and Tech strategy and make sure the teams understand it and what they develops fits right in
- Help to build and make sure the team has and follows good QA practices and takes full accountability for their testing including functional, performance, load and security testing (of course all automated)
- Help to build and implement secure by design principles as well as good security coding practices
- Work closely with our Product Management Team to deconstruct problem statements into technical solutions the team can build
- Help to drive the team to do the best possible job and strive for continuous improvement in productivity. Working with others keep the team inspired and motivated with a focus on delivering maximum value through the best available tech
- Provide technical and engineering coaching to the engineers in the team, participate in their career development as well as actively participate in and help to drive engineering recruitment across tech@NOTHS
- Hold themselves and others accountable for upholding tech@NOTHS and NOTHS values
...it also would be good if you have...
- An eagerness to work alongside product teams to find a healthy balance between tech and feature driven priorities
- A deep understanding of Java
- Experience deploying application stacks to AWS
- An understanding of distributed asynchronous architectures
- A solid understanding of CI/CD
Extra brownie points
- Worked on a team that was fully invested into cloud native applications
- Used Jenkins
- You have previous experience leading a technical team
- You are keen to work at a more strategic planning level to prioritise important technical work against product work
- You are interested in being a hands-on technical contributor, with the understanding the the most important features will probably be delivered by other engineers
It's important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we've taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work....well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we're using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnothsDiversity and Inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities and to building a more diverse and inclusive team and are working with our recently formed internal community in driving progress.Apply to join #teamnoths
We'd love to hear more about you, your experience and why you'd like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we'll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!