Strictly no agencies
This is a full time position based in our Middlesbrough HQ and will potentially be onboarded remotely due to COVID.
Closing date September 30 2020WOULD YOU ENJOY:
- Helping create beautiful games
- Working in our own and other multi-platform game engines, with a diverse range of titles and codebases
If so, you may be interested in becoming a Programmer at Double Eleven.
We are looking for experienced and highly skilled individuals. Expectations are high given our reputation in the industry.
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it's almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.RESPONSIBILITIES:
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Design, develop, write, test and implement systems and game code
- Test and refine game-play features and systems throughout development
- Estimate tasks and deliver high quality code to that schedule
- Perform code reviews with the development team to ensure code quality
- Help develop technical design specifications
- Work with designers, artists and publishing as required to create the highest possible quality titles
SKILLS OR INTERESTS CONSIDERED A BONUS:
- At least 3 years of industry experience
- Extensive experience with Unity and knowledge of C++
- Self-motivated with a positive mental attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including with team members outside of the code team
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Writes clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code
- Able to break down and structure tasks to meet deadlines efficiently
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Strong maths skills
- Experience in profiling and optimisation techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge and experience of other game engines such as UE4
- Experience with post-launch ongoing product development and delivery
- Continuous integration and build automation experience
- Experience with art packages and pipeline development
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics or mathematics.
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- A love of games
- A portfolio of extra-curricular or hobbyist projects
All relevant qualifications considered.WORKING AT DOUBLE ELEVEN:
We're pretty sure we're the best place to work, period. Some of our developer benefits include:
ABOUT US/ WHAT WE DO:
- Flexible working hours.
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- Awesome office facilities; cinema, video game suite, state of the art kitchen and custom poker room (Middlesbrough studio).
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
- Potential relocation package.
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.OUR ETHOS:
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz.
From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there's a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and covering letter which highlights why you would be ideal for this role. We will endeavour to get back within a week of the closing date.