Positioning Research Engineer
Contract or Perm
We are currently recruiting for a Research team in Edinburgh working on advanced indoor positioning techniques
They are looking for a candidates of all levels with good R&D Experience in positioning methods, and they have contract or permanent positions available depending on preference / Seniority. Your Responsibilities:
- Systems research and development on GNSS alternative navigation systems for pedestrians or vehicles.
- Geospatial data analysis utilising features recognition, clustering, classification and dimensionality reduction in a multi-dimensional trajectory.
- Support the development of key technical components for the next generation positioning and navigation systems on Huawei's products.
- Build the overall competence of Huawei's research and development of inertial navigation solutions.
- Unleash the full potential of geospatial data in consumer frameworks for Huawei devices. Realise and procure innovations for the future development of positioning and navigation technologies.
- Cooperation with the academic partners and field experts in Edinburgh and the UK.
- Researching/engineering experience in at least one of the following: Sensors fusion, Signal processing, SLAM, Machine Learning.
- Excellent systems programming skills, willing to adopt new languages to suit the problem domain.
- Ability to pick up and progress newcutting-edge technologies.
- Commercial R&D experience or relevant publication record
- PhD in positioning systems, robotics or
- machine learning;
- Relevant industry experience delivering innovations and R&D projects in activity recognition, deep learning or robotics.
- Contributions to open-source projects relevant to computer vision or augmented reality
I can also be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, to provide full details, arrange an application, or answer any questions you might have.
For this position unfortunately no candidates in need of visa sponsorship can be considered.
Keywords:// positioning, research, GNSS, SLAM, GPS, navigation
By applying to this role you understand that we may collect your personal data and store and process it on our systems. For more information please see our Privacy Notice (https://eu-recruit.com/about-us/privacy-notice/)