eight&four is a Creative & Media Agency that is values-driven that genuinely puts people first.
We stay ahead of the game by hiring smart thinkers and giving them back what they put in: through rapid progression, industry-leading benefits and a culture which was recently named in Campaign's Best Places to Work 2019.
We're looking for a Motion Designer to join our expanding Creative team.
We are looking for someone passionate about motion design - with experience of creating a wide variety of motion assets - from social videos to brand films. You will be involved in design work across our social and creative clients - from campaign support and video ads through to brand films and storyboarding. However, flexibility is a key as you will be a lead on one of our key accouns. You need to be ambitious and ready to work in a fast-paced environment and you must be an excellent team lead / manager.
You will take responsibility for creative outputs across a range of eight&four clients, working closely with the rest of the Creative team, and reporting into the Head of Creative.
Here's what to expect in the day-to-day role:
- Ideation and development of inspiring video assets for our clients
- Video campaign creation - with opportunities to take the lead on art direction, concept development and storyboarding
- Presenting concepts/designs to clients, providing strong rationale for decisions when needed
- Provide video support for the variety of creative projects the agency tackle e.g. animated branding assets, video pitch presentations, animated social content etc.
- Challenge the Creative team by keeping up to date on latest trends, innovations and progression in the design sector
- Mentoring other designers; providing constructive feedback when needed
- Researching the industry to keep informed on industry best practice
Travel, Hospitality, Gaming, Alcohol, Restaurants, Bars. Skills and Experience you need to have:
Experience in an agency environment is ideal - we're looking for someone with minimum 2+ years, looking to take their next step. Essential
- Comprehensive Adobe Creative Suite experience - advanced use of Photoshop, Illustrator, After-Effect and Premier Pro as a minimum
- Proven experience in a digital creative environment (minimum 2 years) - clearly understand the landscape, and can talk consultatively to clients about challenges and opportunities
- Client facing - you must have experience consulting and working with clients directly
- People mentoring and managing experience - ideally you have mentored and led junior designers
- We're looking for someone with an excellent eye for detail - ensuring all work leaving the creative department is of the highest standard possible, continuously reviewing work, and striving to improve the quality of creative work in the agency.
- You will be a natural collaborator - facilitating and improving lines of communication within the Creative team and other departments, and with our wide range of clients. You will have a proven ability to explain your creative thinking, and guide stakeholder decisions
- You will be curious - constantly keeping up to date on latest trends, innovations and progression in design. You will gather and absorb as many inspiring and creative ideas as you can and share with your team, the agency and clients. What's new and exciting in our industry? What's going on in the wider world that might inspire our next project?
- You will always maintain a positive and solution based attitude. We are considered the creative problem solvers for the agency and this needs to be evident in everything we do. The more impossible a task the bigger the opportunity is to excel, succeed and create!
- Deadline-oriented with the ability to prioritise and drive forward multiple projects at a time
You will have specialist experience in at least one of these areas; Animation, Storyboarding, Photography & Video filming, Video editing, Concept development (more than one a bonus!)
Attitude & Communication You must be
- Super organised and professional
- Proactive - going the extra mile to get things done
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail