Are you interested in developing complex data warehousing and ETL solutions using Azure cloud, Hadoop and other advanced technologies?
If you're someone who enjoy staying at the forefront of technology and keeping ahead of the curve, then please read on!What you'll be doingTo put it simple. You'll be developing large-scale data and reporting solutions within the Insurance industry, using SQL & PIG in a SQL Server, Hadoop and Azure environment.The purpose of this role is to work with Actuaries, Data Architects and Business Analysts to:
- Review and interpret on-going business design and implementation specifications
- Using business specifications, develop high-quality ETL and database solutions
- Analyse and optimise ETL scripts and SQL queries
- Provide production support in investigating data queries
- Continue to help maintain and advance technical best practices
You'll work with a market-leading application used throughout the life insurance industry for activities such as financial modelling and reporting, business planning and reporting, and insurance product pricing.
This cutting-edge cloud-hosted product uses Microsoft Azure for large-scale financial modelling and reporting calculations.Where you'll work
It would be great if you had
- Located in central Birmingham, a stone's throw away Birmingham New Street
- A new and growing team centred around data and reporting.
- Within a team that operates on the cutting edge of technology, using Azure, Hadoop, PIG, Python etc.
- Advanced level SQL programming
- ETL Development experience
- Microsoft Azure cloud-technologies experience
- Experience with tools such as: Microsoft Azure, HDInsight, PIG, Azure Data Factories, Python etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technologies - SQL Server, SSIS, Power BI,
- Data modelling (including optimal database solutions)
- Experience building financial data and reporting solutions.