Do you want to work within a truly pioneering business in an emerging industry sector where your work will make a tangible and significant difference? Are you interested in being part of a genuinely pioneering team which is building out an important part of an emerging cryptocurrency derivatives market infrastructure? This is an opportunity to join a Globally distributed team which is responsible for the ongoing build of the world's first physically delivered
cryptocurrency futures exchange, CoinFLEX.
Some of the features of CoinFLEX;
- CoinFLEX provides physically delivered cryptocurrency futures; Customers receive or deliver the digital asset so there is no cash settlement or price manipulation risk.
- We are backed by a consortium of crypto funds, Crypto Veterans, Market Makers VCs and Trading Technologies. You may have heard of Polychain Capital, Dragonfly Capital and Roger Ver for example.
We are in the process of releasing and then building upon our new trading platform, CoinFLEX 2.0. Some of our new features include;
- Deliverable Perpetuals. We have now created the first futures contract in the world where YOU the trader get to pick when you want it to be delivered and expire.
- Repo market. We have also created the first Repo market in either crypto or traditional finance which is available to everyone, not just the biggest players.
- Perp to quarterly spread trading with 250x leverage!
- Implied engines which connect the liquidity of all our markets together. Perps, Spot, Spreads and, Repo all become interconnected through the implied engine.
- Portfolio margin across all futures trades with USD as the margin currency and BTC, ETH, FLEX, etc all to be usable as margin as well.
- Significantly overhauled UX which should be familiar to crypto enthusiasts whilst providing ground breaking new market infrastructure.
- Addition of many new coins to provide these markets on.
Over the past few months we have been building the next generation of our exchange platform, as mentioned above this includes new markets, new trading experience, new matching engine and an entirely new accompanying architecture. Whilst we are live with the platform already, there is a lot of development which still needs to happen on it over the coming months and years as it grows and further evolves, therefore we are looking for a Senior Java developer to join the team which is working on the ongoing build of the platform. The London team is switching to a remote working environment with periodic day or two day rented office based meetups planned for the future in London.Main Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required
- Design and build of new exchange components which could include parts of risk systems, messaging systems, account management platforms, record keeping systems and anything else in our largely Java based architecture.
- Work with a globally distributed team of developers and stakeholders.
- Bring significant trading systems development experience to help us improve our offering quickly.
- Strong Server Side Java skills and experience of working on trading systems.
- Experience of some of the following; Spring Cloud, Apache Ignite, PostgreSQL.
- Low latency systems development, the exchange platform rivals anything out there in terms of latency and capacity.
- Experience of modern software development and automation; Agile, Dev-ops CI/CD etc
- We use Docker, Ansible and Jenkins to help manage our build process and environments, we are always looking for new innovations so are open to new ideas and techniques.
- C++ nice to have.
From tough but determined and successful beginnings we are forging strong company values for the business, we are building a team of smart, positive, collaborative, productive, ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and success oriented people.
This is an opportunity to make a profound difference to an emerging market sector, for example, if you work in the relatively mature equities or fiat FX markets, any work you do will very likely make an intangible difference to the markets or market infrastructure when compared with the gains which are to be made in the relatively infant cryptocurrency market infrastructure, particularly within the derivatives markets.
We are doing what we consider to be ground breaking and important work, however we want to have fun along the way so we have an informal yet professional atmosphere where people are encouraged to speak up. We have weekly company wide stand up meetings to aid communication and the overall cohesive growth of the already globally distributed business across Europe and Asia.