Established in response to the joint Association of Police and Crime Commissioners and National Police Chiefs' Council Policing Vision 2025 report, BlueLight Commercial is a newly formed organisation providing support in relation to a range of areas including commercial, procurement, shared services, data-analysis and market intelligence for policing in England and Wales.
As a membership organisation, we will work together to pool our collective purchasing power and influence and change markets to create better solutions and services for policing. Our aim is to be the 'go to' organisation for policing (and in time fire services) by introducing best practice, improving quality and interoperability across a range of procurement and commercial categories and services.
We are a police-led organisation which aims to sustain the ongoing delivery of savings and encourage and embed greater commercial collaboration across England and Wales, at both regional and national levels. We will represent a single voice to the market to deliver value to stakeholders through expert and data-led commercial activities.
The role-holder will lead on procurement spend and market analytics, supporting the BlueLight Commercial team by providing insightful reports and information on market, spend and technology trends. Providing early warning of supply chain risks, including impact of changes in currency, supplier credit and economical changes. The role-holder will be expected to keep abreast and develop the use of analytical tools to improve and support decision-making and monitor the delivery of project pipelines and results.
Delivering better outcomes and value for blue light services by:
· Providing leadership to the analytical team including meeting service requirements of Regional Commercial Directors in BlueLight Commercial in accurate, timely manner.
· Developing and analysing complex data sets to produce useful information
· Undertaking detailed market analysis, including conducting and/or using market research
· Utilising contract management technology and applications to analyse, store and monitor third party supplier contracts
· Building and utilising commercial and shared services expertise to identify and derive savings for clients
· Establishing efficient and effective mechanisms for maintaining good market knowledge and sharing with relevant people internal and external to BlueLight CommercialKey Responsibilities:
· Providing leadership to the analytical team including prioritisation of workload
· Supporting the creation, delivery, and ongoing development of category strategies throughout the commercial lifecycle through providing good quality and effective data development and analysis
· Compiling, analysing and interrogating regional / local data including spend data, demand, specification and supplier information, and providing this analysis and statistical insight to the commercial team (and their stakeholders) to assist them in strategy development and planning and to enable better informed decision making
· Gathering information from blue light services in terms of spend, requirements and future demand to help inform category procurement strategies and individual sourcing activities
· Data gathering and analysis relating to shared services within policing, providing the evidence base to support the national shared services strategy and convergence plan
· Managing, modelling and implementing a savings delivery reporting model that is fit for purpose
· Managing monthly reporting dashboards including spend reports, compliance reports and key trend analysis to support BlueLight Commercial and blue light services to monitor and successfully implement commercial category and shared services strategies
· Develop with RCD Social Value methodology for monitoring revenue income and social value KPIs
· Ensure the procurement spend reporting and back office across 43 sites uses best practices on reporting for cashable and non cash able savings and provide reports that are used for reviews with home office and police financing.
· Conducting savings opportunities analysis and bench-marking, using market information gathered from multiple sources to identify future trends and contract development opportunities for all category commodities and shared services
· Developing supplier non compliance system, and provide analysis for Regional Commercial Director Suppliers and Markets
· Undertaking supply market research and analysis including financial and supply chain risk assessments to enable commercial teams to make informed decisions
· Assisting in defining, creating and maintaining management information to identify, track, monitor and report benefits on shared services, tendering opportunities and contract improvements to the BlueLight Commercial wider procurement teams and shared services' managers
· Assisting the BlueLight Commercial and wider procurement teams in developing and managing the supplier management strategy to ensure effective category management delivery
· Working closely with the local commercial teams and internal stakeholders to ensure accuracy of compliance and spend data Person Specification
- Strong academic record ideally in an analysis focused degree or economics, finance or Business Studies
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to deliver multiple / parallel projects
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to develop demand and commercial management summaries
- Has experience of developing KPIs and benchmarking processes aligned to business requirements
- Ability to design monitoring systems for workload planning and delivery
- Good verbal and written communication skills to ensure analytical insights are understood and used
- Ability to develop balanced scorecards,
- Excellent professional IT skills across the Microsoft Office suite
- Analytically minded with the ability to assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge quickly to deliver insights and solve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A dedication to teamwork and collaboration
- Desire to learn and develop into the role
- Able to interpret commercial problem statements into scope of work for full market analytics
- Enthusiastic with high level of self-motivation
- Commercial / procurement experience gained within the public sector or large private sector organisation
- Prince 2
- CIPS or IACCM accreditation
- Experience of working as part of a procurement or commercial team
- Business process modelling (lean six sigma and / or Visio skills)
This is a unique opportunity to join a new organisation to play an important role in making a real difference to communities across England and Wales.To apply for the role please submit your CV and a cover letter to Emily.email@example.com by Friday 18th September.
The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate medical screening and vetting.
Interviews will take place online via Microsoft teams.Location:
£40,000- £50,000 dependent on experienceClosing Date:
Friday 18th SeptemberHours:
Full time - 37 hours per weekEmployment:
Fixed term until March 2023 (with the potential to be extended in line with grant funding)