Network Architect Aldershot What will you be involved with?:
This position will give you overall responsibility for architecture, engineering and design of Local Area Network and NW Security. You will be responsible to achieve network architecture, design and NW security approval through Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR) governance gates, where they will be able to lead design discussions with the customer and security assurance.
Working and coordinating with network engineers to ensure the network is built and commissioned in accordance with approved designs and security. Have the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems stemming from network congestion, network collisions and other network abnormalities.
You'll be working within a small, multi-skilled team, where you will coordinate, with the Network Project Manager, the successful implementation and commission of the network design, which will also be fully tested to operational correctness and validated against security requirements. What's in it for you?
Bring a solid background within Network design and you'll have the ability to help shape and define the solutions you deliver. We work with some of the largest organisations in the UK, supporting them through their digital transformations. You will play a pivotal role in the continued success and how our clients view technology and embrace technology. We provide discounted gym membership, health and dental insurance options as well as a strong flexible working environment to ensure you have the options of fitting your work around your lifestyle. With our DXC University and the continual push for our staff to go on their own growth and development path as the tools and solutions evolve too, we can offer you the opportunity to push your career further. What you need to succeed:
- Network related certifications (preferred Cisco CCNA or CCNP level). Other well-known vendors are also acceptable
- Minimum three-year experience with network (LAN/WAN/Security) installation, administration and support
- LAN/WAN solutions (VLANS, STP, routing protocols, link-aggregation, QoS, 802.1x)
- NGFW firewalls (including configuration of FW rules/translation/IPsec tunnels/VPN clients/web-filtering features)
- IPS and vulnerabilities management systems
- Load-balancing based on hardware devices
- Familiar with TCP/IP and related protocols such as DHCP, WINS, DNS, SMTP, POP3, and SNMP which helps in troubleshooting complex problems
- Experience with Cisco, switches and routers and firewalls, however other network equipment vendors favourable.
- Experience in Windows server and client operating systems
- Experience of build and operation of highly secure infrastructuresystems
- Experience of taking systems through security test and applying remediation(s)
- Ability to learn newtechnology skills
- Understanding ofLean-Agilemethodsand DevOps working practices
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player, capable of working as part of a virtual andlogicalteamand independently as circumstances dictate
- MS Office skills e.g. Excel, Word and Project, Visio