Quintessential Brands are one of the market leaders in the spirits industry and home to award-winning names such as Opihr, BLOOM and Greenalls Gin, Feeneys Irish Cream and Dubliner Whiskey. We are embarking on a period of change and growth and to support this, we are now looking for a Product Costing Analyst to join our Finance team in Warrington.
Acting as the initial point of contact for Costings activity through the G&J Distillers and First Ireland Spirits sites, the Product Costings Analyst will work closely with the New Product Development, procurement, sales, finance and Operations teams to ensure all costings provided are accurate, delivered on a timely basis and to an agreed format. Inquisitive and tenacious, you will challenge existing assumptions, building strong working relationships with colleagues across the business, questioning established processes and driving improvements to ensure that new and existing product costs are exact and in line with the standard costing infrastructure within our ERP and accounting systems.
Organisational skills are crucial to this role, you will need to be comfortable juggling multiple tasks and will thrive in a fast paced environment where priorities can change. We're a complex business that has grown quickly, where things can sometimes be ambiguous and procedures may not yet be fully embedded but, for the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity to join us as we grow and have the chance to work with the team to establish and develop our product costing processes.
What do we need from you?
- Ideally, you will have a background in product costing with an understanding of cost accounting principles, preferably within an FMCG business
- Data and numbers are your thing - you'll be at home in Excel, working with pivot tables, sumif etc, will ideally have some ERP experience (we use Dynamics NAV) and may have an accountancy qualification. If not you should have worked in a Finance function in a Analyst role.
- The devil's in the detail - you'll have an eye for accuracy and attention to detail that is second to none
- You'll love to challenge (in the right way) with a continuous improvement mindset and ability to design and implement creative solutions
- Communication is key - you will be comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels, managing expectations effectively and presenting information in a clear, concise and structured way
If this sounds like the challenge for you, get in touch today and you could be part of the future of Quintessential Brands.