We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It's no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide.
Our vision? To become the world's most trusted financial group. You'll help us achieve it. Overview of Department/Section
Service Management Department provides effective service design, on-boarding preparation and acceptance, transition into production through robust build-release-change processes, service and system monitoring and customer focused operations and service desk functions.
Service Engagement will manage, coordinate and monitor the service design, acceptance and on-going performance of the operational environment across the EMEA IT estate against key metrics, whilst delivering effective Incident Management, Problem Management and ITSCM Activities (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery). Main Purpose of the role
- Working in the Service Transition Change and Release Management Team, be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day operation of both the Change and Release processes.
- Maintain Change and Release Process definitions, continually reviewing for suitability, looking to automation where possible to reduce manual effort and maximize ROI from Service Transition tool-sets.
- Liaise with all stakeholders, both technical and non technical to ensure that adherence to policy is seen as a positive control.
- Provide constructive contribution to the direction of the Change and Release Management Process, Procedures and Policy to ensure they remain current and effective, including the drive to a common methodology across Bank and Securities.
- Work with all of Service Transition team to integrate functions of Change and Release management with other Service Transition disciplines to maximize benefit of automating process.
- Assume overall responsibility for all audit / regulatory related reporting for Change and Release Management, maintaining design of relevant tests and keeping in track with improvements to process.
- Work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Test Leads to align project and planned changes with scheduled releases.
- Oversee change/ release scheduling during larger "Go Live" implementations in conjunction with Project Managers and associated teams, from planning to final go live acceptance.
- Support Change and release process operation by reviewing submitted Change / Release requests to ensure defined process has been followed. Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Maintain working documentation for Change and Release Management processes.
- Manage updates to the Change and Release Calendars.
- To provide cover for all Change and Release Management functions.
- Chair CAB meetings.
- Chair Post Implementation Reviews for all changes not implemented successfully.
- Work with all of Service Transition team to integrate functions of Change and Release management with other Service Transition disciplines to maximize benefit of automating process
- Ability to evaluate process changes and toolsets to be able to provide cover for all aspects of the operation of the Change and Release management processes.
- Adhere to Change and Release Management processes and policy.
- Understand and acknowledge the inter-dependencies between Change and Release management.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry that adheres strictly to audit processes and procedures essential.
- Experience of working in a complex technical environment essential.
- Previous experience of running Change and Release Management processes.
- Previous experience of working closely with both Application Development teams and project managers to understand and model their requirements from a Change and Release perspective.
- Experience of working with agile (Kanban) methodologies.
- An understanding of the relationships between ITIL Functions, particularly those between Change and Release Management.
Skills and Experience
Functional / Technical Competencies:
Education / Qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of an ITSM toolsets, preferably Service Now.
- ITIL Foundation (or above) preferred.
- Cobit Governance experience preferred.
- Process development and documentation experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and must be able to document and articulate to others key issues in the both the application development and infrastructure arena.
- Able to discuss project plans, release schedules and subsequent changes with stakeholders across all areas of the business.
- Able to drive problem resolution through the appropriate escalation channels.
- Able to confidently participate in white board type design and review sessions.
- A team player, approachable and flexible but also able to work independently.
- Contribute to building a culture of a service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the center of everything undertaken.
- Degree Educated (preferably Computer Science or similar) and/or similar work experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.