Embedded Software Developer - STB
6 Month Contract
Expand are looking for an Embedded Linux 'C/C++' Developer to aid in the integration Design, development, and integration of their next generation Set Top Box technology. Candidate will need exposure to working on STB and have strong C/C++ programming experience.
· Design, Develop, integrate, and test Bootloader and Linux/Android application in ARM Boards.
· Participate in code reviews and improve software quality.
· Document the work as and when needed.
· Communicate and support Hardware team in board bring-up activities.
· Strong C/C++ Android platform development experience(NOT Application):
o AOSP SDK integration
· Strong software design skills with analytical problem solving abilities
· Peripheral drivers, Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) - wifi, USB, Bluetooth, drivers, etc.
· knowledge of GNU development and debugging tools
· Knowledge of ARM Microprocessor architecture
· Knowledge of TCP/IP, Sockets Programming, IPV6, IPV4, SLACC, DHCP V6
· Knowledge and work experience with tools like Wireshark to debug network issues
· Knowledge of Yocto build system and work experience in creating recipes, packages and Linux kernel patching
· Knowledge of networking protocols and working experience of HTTP, HTTPS applications
· Working knowledge of WI-FI driver integration and application
· knowledge of U-Boot and Linux driver Porting on ARM boards
· Yocto build systems and RDK exposure are desirable
· Some experience with Shell & python scripting is desirable
· Knowledge of one of these preferred, but not mandatory - WiFi / gstreamer.