Our newest client is expanding their team and are seeking a Junior Satellite Communications Systems Engineers to provide technical support for our client's customers.
Our client's team is involved in identifying and establishing the requirements, capacity, performance, resource planning and operation of satellite communications networks for their customers. The candidate will be responsible for undertaking communications systems engineering tasks on advanced satellite communications networks and supported communications services. Key Responsibilities
Skills, Character and Experience
- Carry out modelling and establish and validate requirements for satellites networks based on end user needs
- Requirements analysis to meet communications systems requirements
- Supporting communications system design and development activities in one or more of the following domains: RF systems, IP networks, management systems and OSS/BSS technology
- Supporting ground segment engineering/terminal design and development
- Specification of communication systems, integration, validation and acceptance test
- Providing assurance activities for delivered capabilities
- Change control
- Experience of working as an integral part of a team
- Good communication skills with ability to produce and present clear, concise and unambiguous presentations
- Experience in managing stakeholders - individually and groups
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify key issues
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to defined problems
- UK National (due to potential sensitivity of work to be undertaken)
- Security Cleared
- Graduate with a good Honours or Masters degree in a relevant subject, with minimum of one year industry experience
- Good understanding of communications systems and associated engineering concepts
- Experience of IP networking and protocols and security of data
- Practical knowledge of systems engineering practices from one or more of the following: requirements engineering, design/development and VV&T
- Experience in developing one or more of the following: requirements systems design, test plans and procedures and operational procedures
- Experience in satcoms systems engineering with a knowledge of system design, ground segment design, satellite operations and payload engineering
- Familiarity with OSS/BSS technology and the use in management and reporting of communications networks.
- Experience in assessment/development of security architectures in a communications systems and/or military communications networks
- Circa £35-45,000 per annum dependent on skills/experience plus a growing list of Company benefits
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please email Dan.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01252 912 941. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.
Thanks for your time today, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.