Purpose of Document
The purpose of this document is to provide a job description for the role of Infrastructure & Networking EngineerThe Role:
Technically strong and will be involved in the 3rd line support of a key customer - the technical environment will require a broad knowledge across many technologies including but not limited to, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server & Linux administration, Cisco firewall & switch administration, virtualisation (VMWare and Hyper-V). It will be your responsibility to be a technical expert for the 848 Managed Service department, managing customer expectations and dealing with their technical queries.About you:
Reporting to the Technical Account Manager, you will provide Technical expertise at a 3rd line level and be a subject matter expert. We are looking for somebody who wants to continue to grow as an engineer as well as helping grow the existing team. Mentoring other engineers to grow their skills and use innovative ways of continuously improving how we work. You will work with the Service Desk to help deliver exceptional levels of service to our customers, ensuring that incidents and requests are delivered in line with SLA's.The main duties and responsibilities for the Infrastructure & Networking Engineer role are:
- Assists with the specification, development, research, and evaluation of services standards. Applies these standards to resolve or escalate issues and gives technical briefings to staff members. Gathers information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocates incidents as appropriate. Maintains records and advises relevant persons of actions taken.
- Proactive maintenance of customer server infrastructure during maintenance windows.
- Works with the project team ensuring smooth transition from projects to business as usual.
- Dealing with escalated requests at a 3rd line level.
- Management of a key customers infrastructure and network.
- Providing feedback for continual service improvement.
- Creating and up-dating Service Operational Procedure documents to ensure knowledge is shared across the team.
- Mentoring other engineers within the team to help the team grow.
Other Job Requirements
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment, with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at any one time.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and be responsive to staff needs.
- Be adaptable to changing requirements and technologies with the ability to assimilate new packages when required.
- Experience working within a technical product support role at 3rd Line level.
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be able to make decisions without management oversight.
- Be accountable and willing to learn new technologies.
Essential's for the Role:
- Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role .
- Continuous development of technical skillsets through research and virtual lab development.
- Extended hours support coverage and infrastructure maintenance, if needed.
- Willing to work additional hours to meet the demands of the role.
- May be required to travel on company business on an ad-hoc basis.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to identify alternative solution to customer problems.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Networking Vendor Certified (Cisco, Juniper, etc).
- Routing & Switching.
- DNS configuration.
- End user Application (Office Suite, ect).
- Desktop/Laptop Management.
- OS management (TBC).
- Application Packaging.
- Saas Experience.
- VM Hosting.
- Connectivity Management.
- 3rd Line Technical Support.
- Collocation & Service Improvement.
- Project Support, Implementations and BAU.
- Assure the planning, scheduling, and technical detail of Change Requests.
- Making sure routine maintenance activities are completed.
- Manage Root Cause Analysis and Technical Escalations in line with SLA's.
- CCNP / JNCIA - Or equivalent
- Fortinet NSE 4
- Checkpoint CCSA or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified