About Tata Consultancy Services:
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that has been partnering with many of the world's largest businesses in their transformation journeys for the last fifty years. TCS offers a consulting-led, Cognitive powered, integrated portfolio of IT, Business & Technology Services, and engineering. This is delivered through its unique Location Independent Agile delivery model, recognized as a benchmark of excellence in software development. TCS has over 400,000 of the world's best trained consultants in 46 countries. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com
Job Description :
Job Title: Cloud Data Solutions Architect
Project Location: London
Job Type: Full Time
Hands-on in-depth experience of cloud providers technologies and solutions such as, GCP and Azure from a Data Architecture / Data Engineer perspective.
• Hands-on experience in Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Dataflow, Dataproc,
• Hands-on experience in developing & implementing large-scale Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and MDM solutions, including Data Lakes/Data Hubs
• Hands-on experience in Data Integration patterns and the design of AI/ML data solutions including specific services from Azure and/or GCP
• Hands-on experience with the Big Data stack (e.g.SPARK, MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, HBase, Hive, Flume)
• Hands-on experience with the No-SQL (e.g. MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, CosmosDB, Synapse, Big Query, Big Table)
• Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
• Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g Informatica BDM, Talend, Pentaho)
• Knowledge / Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Qlik, PowerBI)
• Hands-on experience with "productionalizing" Cloud Data Solutions (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
• Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica, DB2, Oracle)
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
• Data Management experience, such as Master Data Management, Reference Data Management, Data Governance, Data Integration and Data Security
Good-to-Have: Broad knowledge of core business and processes in LifeScience, Retail, Financial Services (Banking, Insurance)
Role descriptions / Expectations from the Role:
Data Solution Architect with hands-on experience in designing and implementing data warehousing solutions on cloud platforms and big data technology stack. Excellent understanding of GCP and/or Azure with demonstrable knowledge and data related services is essential. Experience in preparing Key design decisions, and an Ability to demonstrate structured consideration of multiple options (comparing competing technologies, functional design approaches etc) is required. Will need to interact with senior Programme & client architect teams.
We are looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust Big Data solutions for big data problems and learn quickly as the platform grows.
Ability to support business development activities to shape and communicate proposed solutions to client executives and architects :
.Implementation of data ingestion and data wrangling applications
• Implementation of reporting applications
• Application/implementation of custom analytics
• Data migration from existing data stores - on prem to cloud.
• Infrastructure and storage design
• Developing capacity plans for new and existing systems
Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success Must show initiative and desire to learn business subjects Able to work independently and provide updates to management Excellent problem solving skills; proven teamwork and communication skills