Role: R1055045 Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist - Complex Diagnostics Location: Bupa Cromwell Hospital, Kensington, LondonHours: 37.5 per weekSalary: highly competitive, flexible working shifts per week, plus on-call commitment which will at least add £2,100 to your annual income.
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world because of what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state-of-the-art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
An opportunity has arisen for a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist with extensive experience in Complex Diagnostics to join a friendly, committed team in Cardiac Physiology Services. We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic individual to support an expanding Cardiac Physiology Service.
We are looking for individuals that are specialised in Echocardiology; therefore applicants must possess Transthoracic (TTE) Level 2 accreditation by British Society of Echocardiography or Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography Certification by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).
As part of our service expansion, in addition you should have experience in Non-Invasive Cardiac Physiology Diagnostics and Cardiac Rhythm Management Devices.
This position will attract an opportunity for training in our CathLabs or extend skills in the area of syncope assessment.
You should be an independent practitioner, able to perform and report resting transthoracic scans and rhythm analysis to permanent (CRM), temporary (Holter), rest (ECG) and exercise (ETT) modalities.
Ideally, you would have the knowledge and practical experience in advanced procedures such as 3D acquisition, Contrast and bubble imaging, assisting with Transoesophageal (TOE) and stress echo modalities.
Applicants should be motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and possess a BSc (Hons) in Clinical Cardiac Physiology or BSc in Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) or PTP equivalence. Proven competence in performing and reporting echocardiography studies and BSE accreditation or equivalent is essential.Responsibilities:
You should have:
- Undertake echocardiographic investigations including adult, contrast (for left ventricular opacification) echocardiograms, bubble studies echocardiograms, dobutamine echocardiograms and assist with transoesophageal echocardiograms utilising a range of techniques including pulsed and continuous wave Doppler, colour flow mapping and tissue Doppler imaging.
- Recognise the significance of investigative findings and act on them accordingly, to prioritise the performance of echocardiographic investigations according to clinical need and provide professional guidance in echocardiographic matters when appropriate.
- Perform and interpret 12 lead ECG's; Fit, removal and analysis of 24 hour Holter/BP monitors; perform and interpret Exercise Treadmill Tests, both technically and medically led.
- Assist in Syncope assessment including the following tests: Tilt Table Testing, Autonomic Function Testing, Signal Average ECG
- Conduct CRM Device interrogations in clinic, inpatients or in a pre-assessment setting
- Assist in maintaining an ordered filing and retrieval system and electronic computer database of patients' recordings, measurements, reports and attendance details and helping to provide the necessary statistical returns of activity etc.
- Help with the maintenance of consumable stocks and replenishment of the same as necessary, working within the department's budgetary and logistic constraints.
- Be trained and accredited under the auspices of the Resuscitation Council (UK) and to partake in providing Immediate Life Support (ILS) cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as and when necessary.
- Be self-motivated and resourceful, developing one's knowledge, skills, professionalism, demonstrating evidence of continuous professional development.
- BSc (Hons) in Clinical Physiology or BSc in Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) or PTP equivalence.
- Transthoracic (TTE) Level 2 accreditation by the British Society of Echocardiography or Adult Transthoracic Echocardiography Certification by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI).
- Knowledge and experience of advanced and highly specialised procedures acquired through accredited courses.
- Able to perform a range of specialist diagnostic investigations on patients in a variety of clinical settings.
- Ability to think quickly, assess complex clinical situations and make decisions upon that information.
- Positive and optimistic, displaying confidence and exhibiting presence and vision
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
To view our fantastic range of employee benefits, please visit https://careers.bupa.co.uk/our-roles/nurses/cromwell-hospital/
To be part of this highly supportive and passionate team, please submit your CV or contact Louise Griffiths, Senior Specialist Recruiter at Bupa, on 07714 073450 or firstname.lastname@example.org