At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!What you'll do as a Solutions Engineer for Strategic Accounts
You are the technical keystone through the entire sales cycle - pre and post sales. You will work closely with our Strategic Enterprise prospects and customers to educate, empower, and ensure their success on the Cloudflare platform. You will leverage your technical expertise in Cloudflare's global distributed network and technology to find best-fit solutions for prospects, to train and onboard new customers via video-conference, in person, or through documentation, and to support the long-term success of the customer.
As an expert in Internet performance and security as well as emerging trends such as Zero Trust or IoT, you will steer the technical strategy and architectural transformation within our most important customers. You will engage and build relationships within these organisations at all levels; from developers to CxO, and lead technical conversations and overall solution design from beginning to end. You can explore, understand and develop complicated architectures at a high level, and zoom in to understand and explain how things work in depth.
You will be the technical customer advocate within Cloudflare. To aid your customers, you will work closely with every team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Your goal of customer success should drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and create scalable solutions for your customer's needs.Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
Our Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support & project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology. Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious and not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with customers, and look forward to helping them realise the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.Experience Will Include a Combination Of The Skills Below
- You can translate technical concepts and jargon for a wide variety of audiences: from systems engineers, to front-end developers, through to IT managers and C-levels in enterprise organisations.
- You can understand customer architecture and develop solution designs to augment and enhance the success of their business objectives.
- You want to be constantly learning new things & teaching what you've learnt to the wider team, through internal blog posts, demos, or broader product training sessions.
- You have a knack for understanding problems & finding creative ways to solve them. Our product is ever-growing, and knowing how to identify which parts will solve a customer's particular problem is important.
- You understand how to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritise between competing demands.
- You can talk to the differences between TCP & UDP, and understand what kinds of applications may favour one over the other.
- You have a solid understanding of HTTP performance and a willingness to dive deeper into the quirks of clients & servers alike.
- You understand various Identity related protocols such as SAML, OIDC and WebAuth, and can discuss the use cases as to when one might be more appropriate.
- You know why TLS (SSL) plays an increasingly important role on today's Internet, and how to extol its benefits to engineers & business owners respectively.
- You can describe the difference between authoritative DNS & recursive DNS, and explain how DNSSEC differs to DoH.
- You understand the role of a firewall, the difference between L3, L4 & L7 firewalls, and that "ACL" doesn't mean Anterior Cruciate Ligament.
- You're not afraid of command-line tools, REST APIs, or becoming an expert at analysing requests in the web inspector.
- You're OK with some (maybe 15 days per quarter) travel: we occasionally travel to customer offices, conferences and/or do talks.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
- Understanding of DevOps workflows and Infrastructure as Code, and its place in large organisations.
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2;
- Recognised relevant security certifications e.g. CISSP, SSCP, GIAC.
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.Project Galileo
: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost. Athenian Project
: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.Path Forward Partnership
: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.184.108.40.206
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.