Anaplan is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior UX Researcher
to join us in our London office, to advocate for and drive user-centred design processes. Now is an exciting time to join our growing global User Experience team of 20 designers and researchers and contribute as a member of our Research & Development organisation, with offices in London, York, San Francisco, and Minneapolis.
The UX team is responsible for advocating for the user experience across our ecosystem. We facilitate data-driven decisions through understanding user needs and problems and evaluating solutions. Our goal is to drive customer delight and that 'aha' moment for our customers when they see the possibilities of Anaplan.
Your primary role will be to derive deep insights about our users' behaviours, wants and needs and effectively communicate those findings by telling compelling stories and building empathy. You will do this by collecting and analysing research data and working with teams to make sure that what is learned is applied to our product and services.
Our London office is set in the beautiful Kings Place. With a rooftop terrace, wraparound windows and within walking distance to plenty of great food options, you are set up to not only do great work but be in an inspiring environment (with a fully remote workforce through at least January/ COVID-19
).What You'll Be Doing
A Little About You
- Working with researchers, designers and product managers to determine research objectives
- Preparing research plans and defining metrics and outcomes
- Recruiting and scheduling participants, and managing incentives for studies
- Running studies using methods such as moderated and unmoderated usability testing, interviews, card sorting, workshops, and surveys
- Communicating tactical and strategic findings and helping teams prioritise design changes and new requirements
- Uncovering insights from a range of sources such as usage analytics, customer satisfaction surveys, and customer support data
- Creating research outputs, e.g. reports, task flows, personas, customer journey maps
- Working with the rest of the Research team to evolve our tools and processes, to help optimise how we do research
- Teaching others about research methods, benefits, and applications
To be successful in the role, you should have the following skills and mindset:
- Positive energy, enthusiasm, and an eye for innovation - we're looking for super smart people who are excited about solving big problems and are self-motivated to get things done
- 5+ years of experience carrying out research projects from start to finish
- Strong interest in digging into quantitative data to uncover insights and present data in persuasive ways
- Expertise in applying research methodologies such as usability testing, interviews, card sorting, and surveys
- An ability to provide design recommendations based on a solid understanding of design patterns and usability guidelines
- A strong commitment to quality - you must be organised, analytical, methodical, and have an interest in improving quality through user research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present information creatively, concisely and persuasively
What We Offer
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, or related social science field
- Familiarity with product analytics tools
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, flexibility and understands the need for a good work/life balance
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice
- Huge problems to solve -you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the most committed and passionate people around!
Open: We give and receive feedback to help one another grow
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers #AnaplanLOVEAbout Anaplan
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mould, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time. With 1200+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.