We're excited to be working with our client, a specialist medical diagnostics company who capture very rare cells from blood for research and medical development trials.
Due to continued growth, we're recruiting for an experience (1 year plus experience) Phlebotomist / HCA to join this friendly, professional team.
Our client is a growing liquid biopsy company that develops products for use in rare cell diagnostics that enable early, accurate identification of an individual's condition for the prevention, treatment, and monitoring of disease. We are looking for a Phlebotomist to join the research team in Guildford.
This role will work closely with their existing Phlebotomist, their blood donors and the in-house research and development teams. This is a busy role that would suit an experienced Phlebotomist or Nurse who is looking for a position that combines venepuncture activities with administrative duties that require a keen eye for detail, such as data entry and record keeping.Principal Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Attributes:
- To obtain blood specimens by performing venepunctures of HNV donors, meet and greet donors; ensure accurate completion of donor questionnaires
- To maintain specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following company procedures
- To track collected specimens by initialling, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed
- To liaise with their scientists and R&D managers to arrange appointments of HNV blood donors for blood draw
- To manage healthy normal volunteer (HNV) blood donor recruitment in accordance with the company's ethical approved procedure, including booking and logging appointments for blood donors
- To maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Possess a flexible, can-do approach to the requirements of the job and possess the ability to use own initiative
- Due to the nature of the role, the requirement is for Guildford based, 5 days per week (Monday - Friday) core hours are 9am - 5pm, however our client are happy to be flexible on these, for example 8am - 4pm or 10am - 6pm
This is an exciting role for someone with 12 months + blood taking experience to work in a role without unsociable hours and with the opportunity to work in a professional medical environment where you're truly making a difference and impact to medical research, particularly for cancer patients and their future treatment.
Ideal candidates could perhaps be a Nurse looking for a new role outside of a Clinic, Practice or Hospital, someone from a Veterinary environment or equally someone from a similar, medical field where they have worked as a Phlebotomist.
The interview process will be an initial telephone interview with our client's HR Manager, followed by a face to face (socially distanced) interview subject to making sure you do not display any symptoms of Coronavirus.
Candidates must be based locally to the Guildford, Surrey area.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Fused Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities agency.