We are looking for Engineering Managers to join our client's team on HS2 Main Works and you must have a proven experience of large-scale UK civil engineering projects.
Your previous/background experience will be within Construction and/or I&M Project Management and now you are looking to use your depth of knowledge in support of others.
You will have in-depth knowledge of construction techniques and processes across, earthworks, earth retaining structures, RC structures formwork falsework above and below ground including shafts construction, drainage, structural steelwork, temporary works with an appreciation of both temporary and permanent M and E activities.
You will have a practical and working knowledge of the processes and procedures for the delivery of works with emphasis on, quality, assurance, survey and I and M disciplines in relation both temporary and permanent works activities.
Knowledge and experience are the key attributes for the role along with strong interpersonal organizational team working skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
The confidence to challenge is also a desirable attribute as the role will support the Construction delivery team in providing guidance to them whilst maintaining a focus on deliverables.
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
• Civil or Structural Engineering Qualification, minimum of an HNC/HND, preferably BEng or higher (MEng, MSc).
• CSCS Card
• CITB Temporary Works Coordinator Course (preferred)
• Completed SMSTS required
• Understanding and application of COP's and HSWA 1974
• Thorough understanding and application of the CDM Regulations 2015.
• Team player
• Good communicator
• Knowledge of heavy piling and D walling
• Thorough knowledge of construction of buried structures, using top down techniques, Shafts.
• Appreciation of the practical application of dewatering techniques
• Knowledge of RC concrete formwork and false work systems techniques
• Awareness of the principles of sprayed concrete
• Previous TWC experience, desirable
• Act as a mentor to the construction delivery teams
• Appreciation of working in close proximity to live rail infrastructure.
About the project:
The role will work on the HS2 project. HS2 is the UK's new high speed rail network. It will be a catalyst for economic growth across Britain, freeing up space on the existing railways and connecting 8 out of the UK's 10 biggest cities with fast, reliable and frequent high speed services
The combined value of the contracts is around £1.8billion with the works due for completion in 2025. Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM), SCL tunnels, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, services diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.