An opportunity to join the rural estate management team at Savills working in an agile way across the South East, with scope to progress within the region and company. The successful candidate will be an experienced, qualified, financially and commercially astute rural surveyor.
Our Maidstone and Sevenoaks offices cover all of Kent and Surrey and the Home Counties. The combined team offer the widest range of property services of any competitor in the region, across residential, rural, development, food and farming, minerals and more. There are approximately 20 staff in the Rural, Energy and Projects (REP) teams across both offices.
The candidate will have a key role in the estate management business, reporting directly to a diverse client base as well as client directors, so the ability to build strong working relationships is key.
They will have responsibility for all relevant management matters, to include lease renewals, rent reviews, financial management, planning and development as part of the day to day role. Being innovative, forward thinking and agile is vital in enabling clients to develop the strategy for their business.
The region is supported by the almost-limitless knowledge, resources and research within the national and international Savills network, and as an integral member of the team you will be expected to liaise with your counterparts across the country and to contribute to business development throughout Savills both within and beyond the rural division.
This role offers considerable opportunities for the candidate to progress their career. Savills offer unique training across a range of subjects which includes a comprehensive business management programme. There are also opportunities to be part of national committees and focus groups.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- The provision of estate management and consultancy services to a first class standard, including:
- Leading a team of assistant property managers and administrators to deliver estate management services to a range of private, charitable and institutional clients
- Maintaining and enhancing client relationships as the primary contact
- Contributing to the Maidstone and Sevenoaks rural management team, helping to deliver strategy in order to drive the business forward within the region
- Other professional skills
- Consistently delivering exceptional performance
- To contribute to and support business development initiatives and tenders, targeting and winning new business, agreeing the scope of instructions and fees as appropriate
- To represent the firm and the department across the region in a manner consistent with the firm's ethos, promoting the firm and its various service lines
- To help promote and deliver the firm's compliance procedures and standards
- Encourage good communication between all disciplines within the locality
Confident with a positive outlookAppetite for continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectivenessSelf-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the bestStrong decision maker who gives assuranceTeam player: builds relationships and consults with others, and quickly establishes trust and credibilityEthical with strong integritySomeone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possibleCreative and lateral thinker, with the ability to problem solve and focus on solutionsCommercially aware, but with the ability to vary approach dependent on circumstancesFocussed: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against theseAbility to influence and quickly build rapport and long standing relationshipsImpressive relationship management skills and ability to engage with a variety of audiencesSelf-motivated, goal driven individual able to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlinesAbility to work in a clear and logical fashion, with good organisational skills and attention to detailAn interest in building relationships and generating new business
MRICS or FAAV essentialRelevant experience in the property sector with comprehensive technical knowledge and a strong understanding of landlord and tenant law and practice, and property complianceCost management: financial and commercial acumen with strong planning, budgeting and operational reporting skillsClear written and verbal communication styleHighly competent and skilled with Microsoft Office, including Excel. Training will be provided in respect of internal systems.Driving licence essential
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and covering letter to Michael Wooldridge, email@example.com
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme - ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.