Due to continued growth, Ebeni are seeking a Senior Safety Engineer - Nuclear, to play their part in the next stage of development for the New Business Unit.Ebeni Ltd
are a dynamic company, providing specialist services in Safety Engineering, Safety Management, Cyber Security, Software and Systems Engineering and Risk Management. Our teams deliver cost effective solutions for major blue-chip companies and organisations such as the UK Ministry of Defence, NATS, Network Rail, General Dynamics and Siemens; specialising in engineering domains, including Defence, Aviation, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Cyber.The Role:
Our New Business Unit is seeking a Senior Safety Engineer - Nuclear
, to join their energetic team, with opportunities to manage and contribute to naval and civil nuclear programmes in a number of key areas; ranging from system specialisms to operations, decommissioning and all aspects of safety case authorship, development, assessment, independent peer review management, reporting and certification.Key responsibilities:
- Lead tasks and manage smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities as defined by the Project Safety Plans and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Identify and create evidence to support system assurance, using safety related activities to support the traceability of the system safety requirements, to implementation and operation.
- Carry out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements and detailed technical system analysis, to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Develop safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities, including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Support clients with either specification, development or delivery of their safety case delivery and improvement programs.
- Conduct Independent Peer reviews for Nuclear Site Licensees and/or Design Authorities.
- Provide licensing support in relation to civil and defence nuclear regulations including Safety Assessment Principles (SAP's) and Security Assessment Principles (SyAP's)
- Undertake safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Liaise with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary, in regard to safety.
- Assist in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks, within allocated timescales/hours.
- Participate in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
- Carry out reviews of third-party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
- Support the next stage of development of the New Business Area.
- Ensure business is consistently delivered in accordance with the Ebeni core values.
- University educated with a degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other related discipline
- Significant Nuclear Safety domain experience including at least one of the following:
- Naval Nuclear (submarine systems and /or facilities)
- Nuclear Decommissioning
- Nuclear Power Station New Build
- Demonstrable experience of the application of safety, security and risk engineering processes to identify hazards and vulnerabilities, author safety cases and justifications, assess risk and implement controls to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Experience of working directly with clients and presenting information and findings in either a report or presentation format.
- Experience of business development with new and existing clients.
- Attention to detail - ability to work in a methodical manner and deal with complex situations.
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen; excellent report writing skills.
- High level of drive and enthusiasm; flexible and positive attitude; adaptable and resilient.
- A desire to strive for the highest quality standards with focus on service delivery and excelling expectations.
- Supports Ebeni's core values of Excellence, Benefit and Integrity.
- Willing to travel to client sites, as and when required (Covid-19 guidance adherence)
- Must hold or be able to obtain unrestricted Security Clearance
Ebeni is a people-centric company, which respects individual aspirations as well as promoting benefit to all parties: our customers, employees and society.
Our people are our most valuable asset. We take particular pride in our reputation and recognise that this is built on the commitment and skills of those who represent Ebeni. It is our priority to treat people well, help them develop and give them a rewarding working life. Ebeni's success depends on motivated, committed, trusted employees and associates, who feel they can play a part in helping the business grow.
Ebeni provides employee benefits including:
- Employer stakeholder pension contribution
- Private medical healthcare
- Life assurance
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
In the first instance, it is likely shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an initial interview by video, i.e. Microsoft Teams or Skype or where this is not possible, by phone. We will provide notice in advance and further details at that stage. Position:
Senior Safety Engineer - NuclearLocation:
Warrington or Corsham (and remote)Contract type:
37.5 per weekSalary range:
Dependant on experienceEbeni Ltd is committed to monitoring and maintaining equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.