Maximus UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management, Maximus People Services and Revitalised. Maximus employs 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations in the UK, Maximus is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country.
To oversee the financial management and business partnering of all central services departments to ensure accurate and robust forecasting and reporting of costs; advising on commercial decision making; and senior stakeholder management. The role partners several UK Leadership Team members with budget responsibilities to appropriately manage spend across the business as well as act as the link to the divisional finance teams.
This role would suit someone newly qualified to 2 years PQE. Applicants looking for a first move into industry will be considered.
Home working considered for this role.
Non-London (37.5hrs): £43,000 - £47,000
London (37.5hrs) : £50,000 - £55,000
• Management of all central services accounting and finance, ensuring accurate capturing of monthly costs and cross charge across divisions
• Owning the central services cost allocation process
• Robust and accurate forecasting of costs on a quarterly basis, ensuring budget holders are engaged and approve submissions
• Partnering of budget holders to review spend detail and support with decision making around savings and business cases for investment
• Supporting senior management to understand spend within their area and propose options for efficiencies
• Reporting analysis for UK and Divisional FDs to support internal decision making and external customer validation processes
• Support with ad hoc financial queries and projects across the wider business
• Work with internal and external auditors
Qualifications and/or Experience
• ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification
• Highly proficient in MS Office applications, advanced knowledge of Excel
• Use of financial systems (SAP) an advantage but not essential Individual competencies
• Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, with the ability to adapt to and communicate with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
• Strategic thinking skills with ability to analyse and offer insight into different options
• Analytical approach with good commercial decision making
• Self starter with ability to plan and manage workload
• Team player
• Accurate and on time delivery
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, MAXIMUS will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.