Mackinnon Bruce are working on behalf of a boutique organisation to appoint an experienced Nursing Home Manager to take responsibility for a CQC "Good" rated nursing home. The home is in a excellent location in Leeds and easily commutable from Harrogate, Leeds, York, Huddersfield and Keighley and the rest of Yorkshire.
Our client specialise in nursing, residential and dementia care in a number of homes across the North of England. This is an excellent opportunity to join a supportive and progressive company with a very competitive salary.Key responsibilities:
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Managing all aspects of care home performance, your focus will be on running your Care Home as a successful business, whilst delivering outstanding quality and service to our residents and their relatives
- To lead the development of the Care Home and its related services through effective promotion
- To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day and long-term management of the Care Home - ensuring the highest quality person centred care is given round the clock, throughout the home
- To develop effective working communication with all heads of units and departments within the Care Home and ensure regular supervision of all units and departments
- To ensure the on-going monitoring of standards of care provided within the Care Home
- Develop and maintain a high quality of care and ensure registration of the Care Home is retained, working towards the goal of Outstanding in all domains
- To improve and maintain morale among all staff through effective leadership, consultation and communication
- To attain agreed levels of turnover and profitability and to prepare and adhere to annual operating budgets
What's in it for you?
- Nursing Qualification
- Management qualification
- Minimum of 3 years management experience of nursing client groups
- Excellent leadership skills - someone with a proven record of managing and motivating staff to produce outstanding results
- Drive and focus to provide excellent customer service and quality of care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent business management skills (including budget management)
- Experience and good understanding of care service practices, legislation, regulations and standards
- A negotiable salary depending on experience + bonus
- Continued professional and personal development
- Rewards and Recognition Programme
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within one week of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.