Overall Purpose of Role:
The IT Solutions Delivery team are responsible for the delivery of projects within the LME including requirements gathering, internal development, vendor coordination, testing and handover to production. All of these activities are managed by the Project Management team to a range of agreed policies and procedures including the SDLC (solutions delivery lifecycle) process.
Project management activities include planning, budget management, governance/stakeholder management, status reporting and project coordination.
The project support team provides assistance to the PM team in their day to day activities, the scope of which is set out below.Responsibilities:
Academic and Professional Qualifications preferred but not essential:
- Help arrange project SteerCo meetings, help produce agendas and take minutes.
- Collate internal status reporting information for use by IT management.
- Help maintain project and portfolio information on Confluence and JIRA.
- Conduct internal project audits of SDLC artefacts and process adherence. Review and ensure consistency of project library, filing, recording and reporting.
- Coordinate and support weekly and monthly status reporting cycles liaising with the Enterprise PMO team.
- Help maintain SDLC templates and provide process guidance to project teams.
- Support regular communication between project teams including arranging the PM meeting.
- Manage the Microsoft Project Server including maintaining reference data and producing reports.
- Assist with the review and maintenance of risk and issue logs.
- Assist with recording of project costs.
Required Knowledge and Level of Experience:
- Educated to A-level standard
- Foundation level qualification in PRINCE II or similar
Skills set and Core Competencies Required for Role:
- Experience of working as a Project Support Officer (PSO) or in a Project Management Office (PMO), ideally within financial services. (6mths+ Desirable)
- Experience of working as a Project Manager on small projects would be beneficial.
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong communication skills both spoken and written.
- Experience of using Microsoft Project, ideally with knowledge of MS Project Server.
- Experience of using Jira and Confluence and Sharepoint would be beneficial.
- Practical knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2).
- Good time management skills, proactive and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Focused attention to detail.
- Self-sufficient but able to work as part of a larger project management team.