Our client is a highly respected and award winning specialist mortgage lender who are looking to add to and strengthen their risk team with the addition of a Prudential Risk Manager (2nd line). This is a great opportunity to make this role your own and help build a truly world class risk function in a highly customer focussed lender. They are an established lender (over 100 years old) and in a strong and stable financial position, currently experiencing record lending volumes.
The purpose of this role is to work closely with the Chief Risk Officer to establish and then manage an ongoing second line oversight role for the lender's Prudential risks including capital, credit, liquidity, and interest rate risk.
This is a new role within the business and will be pivotal in supporting and strengthening their business strategy and ensuring that the business meets its financial obligations. You will also provide expert support to the Board and CEO.
A summary of the key personal attributes required are as follows:
- Expert knowledge of regulations related to prudential risk
- Detailed understanding and practical application of ICAAP, ILAAP, and the use of Stress Testing
- Practical application of Risk Management frameworks and knowledge of the 3 lines of defence model
- Good understanding of Model Risk SS3/18 regulations and how to embed this
- Able to interpret regulatory rules and guidance and translate these to the business, making clear the requirements and the risks, alongside monitoring implementation progress.
- Strong financial analytical skills together with ability to convert into concise and clear management information and reports to CRO, Risk & Management Committees and Board
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the business, providing support and gaining trust through action
- Confident in representing the lender to regulators and industry bodies
- Capable of developing the function and managing through change
With work life balance very important to them and their culture, they can offer a lot of flexibility in terms of working from home, even once Covid is under control. Once established in the role, minimum requirements are 3 - 4 days a month in the office when Board meetings take place, they would also looking at candidates on 4 days a week.